About My Passion

So, I'm an author with one book published so far called Drag Me to Hell. I've got two books in the works right now, Escaping Hell (the sequel to Drag Me to Hell) and Head Hunters (a lone book so far). Drag Me to Hell and Escaping Hell are two books in a trilogy inspired by both the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson and by the writing style my older brother had before he stopped writing. It's about this woman, Bailey Fletcher, who wants to start the world anew because she sees the world as a cruel hopeless place after most of the people she loved got no justice when they were murdered. So she's been traveling the world looking for people who are worthy and useful for her new world, and that's where she meets Pandora Snow, the protagonist of the trilogy, who does not share her ideals. The trilogy is about Pandora trying to stop Bailey from achieving her goal and understand why Bailey has such a cynical view of the world. The other book I'm working on, Head Hunters,  is about a world where some genetic codes in humans make them more than human sometimes creating new species such as angels, werecreatures, witches, and music nymphs. In this world following Angel Shudo, a music nymph, and her friends at the private school named Veldime Point. As Angel's powers finally start coming in a young woman about her age breaks into her campus and tells her that there will be people- poachers known as Head Hunters- coming after her to kill her. With that the story follows Angel and some of her friends on their fight for survival. In this world, the Head Hunters want to kill angels for their beautiful wings, werecreature for their gorgeous pelts, witches for their magnificent powers,  and they want to kill music nymphs because they believe if they can get ahold of a music nymph's blood that it will help them live for all eternity.
Head Hunters is one of my favorites- actually scratch that Head Hunters is my all-time favorite to work on because the world it's set in sounds amazing. I always wanted to grow up in a world with powers, but you know how we humans are we always fear what we can't understand. But I always felt that I could identify with Angel because she grew up with a similar life, and she has a lot of my personality traits. Not only that, but also she has the powers I always felt protected me. Music always protected me from the yelling, the threats, and all my demons. To create a character who has the powers to not only protect herself with music, but also to attack with music was an amazing feeling. Not to mention, I also immortalized my late father in this book as well. It's the perfect character to show the dad I grew up with.
The reason I started writing is because I grew in a dark life where I was abused and my life was threatened. I wanted to feel- I always wanted to create a world where the person getting abused could do anything to stand up for themselves without consequences. In my life I never could stand up for myself or I would beaten severely by one of my mom's boyfriends. And he would have had no problem taking me away from the siblings I was meant to protect. In fact, there was this one man my mother dated without thinking of any of her children's safety, and that monster, Dave, beat my little brother, and pointed a gun at my head and my mother just turned the other cheek. I would have done anything to make him stop. But then if I did the consequence would have been me and my siblings being would be split up, and I would never know how amazing my little brother is. And that would have killed me. So I started writing to remind myself that the monsters in my life could always be worse. And now I can't go a day without writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!