Grateful to be Where I Am and More

Have you ever asked yourself if you're in the right place in life? I've asked myself that at every new chapter in my life. And the answer was always, "At least I'm on the right track to be where I need to be." And that was because I was usually on my own taking care of myself. I mean yes, I had a very good father, but there were things I felt I shouldn't tell him for personal reasons that no one but me would understand. Did I make all the right choices? Probably not. But they were the right choices for me at the time made them.
So the answer has finally changed though. I'm in the right place now. I live with a wonderful family. Is it perfect? Not always, but what's perfect anyway? At least now I have two loving parents, a ton of siblings who would most likely have my back in any battle I were to find myself in, and two adorable little nieces. Not to mention the most perfect fiance I could ever find myself with. One of my nieces is five, and she's very sweet, and if I need her help she'll always do what she can. Then there's Annaise. She's a beautiful little girl whose got a problem with her muscles and has to do exercises every day. But she also keeps me and Mom in check because we have exercises to do as well. One of the exercises Annaise has is she has to work her ankle. Apparently she doesn't always like to do this exercise in front of everyone, but when she's playing with me she'll tell me she wants to do it, and I'll help her and so will Richard. Annaise always makes sure I do my exercises like ten times in front of her. I love that she and I are able to do our exercises together. She's like an adorable little drill Sargent. But as I live here I've made so much progress growing up, and it shows.
The next step is be able to move out and start a life with Richard alone. And that's what we're planning on. Mom made us agree not to move too far until we're more prepared to live on our own. We've totally agreed to that, and I have to admit that I like having a mom who actually looks out for me rather than wanting to throw me to the wolves. I really appreciate knowing what it's like to have a whole family to care about me rather than just pieces of broken families loving me. When I know a whole family has my back it makes me feel like I don't have to isolate myself which I love.
Last night I had this wonderful dream surrounding a not so wonderful one. The one it surrounded was me living with Jane (my stupid bitch of an ex-mom) down the street from my real family. I believe that I only dreamed about her because she is missing me. Anyway, back to the wonderful dream. I was laying down in the park with my husky, Sapphire, laying with me and guarding me. I decided to nap in the park. My kids were playing together and looking out for one another. We were in a safe neighborhood. When Richard showed up with his pet red panda, Pabu, the kids ran to him to greet him and let him know that I was napping and Sapphire was protecting me. Richard picked me up and carried me home. He placed me in the hammock we had in the backyard, and Sapphire laid down with me. Richard woke me gently and asked me why I was so tired. Apparently I was not only a best-selling author but I was also an English/creative writing teacher. It sounds like a pretty good future to me. And I was able to walk with little to no limitation. So it seems I have a bright future to look to, and it also seems that I'm working to it every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!