Kaylyn's Protagonists: Realizations and Fear

So how do I begin this? *thinks about it* How would the best way to put it be? *ponders it a little more* Okay, well I'm... I guess I'm a little afraid of what will happen after I'm done with my Hell trilogy. For as long as I could remember my female protagonists were there to help me cope with things I was dealing with. So I don't know what's going to happen when I'm done writing the Hell series and Head Hunters because my life's much better now. I guess there's nothing to worry about yet because I have three books to work on and everything, but I did feel I needed to write this out. Here I'll show you what I mean about my protagonists helping me cope with my life. There are four main characters who have helped me cope with my life; Tess Calliway, Christin "Ari" Keller, Pandora Snow, and Angel Shudo. I'm going to tell you in great detail to help me channel my creativity.
Tess Calliway: Her last name has changed over the years. I'm almost positive of it. She helped me cope with a grat deal of loneliness. Her name came from an old website account my old and dear friend Brandi made for me. Tess was created when I was twelve. When I was turning thirteen my ex-mom was making her family move because she was stalking a man she was "in love with". She was willing to disrupt her children's entire lives for her selfish needs. And that's when Tess made her first appearance when I lived in Virginia and my mother was always gone. I grew up up taking care of my siblings at the time, but I needed solace and that's where Tess came in. Tess is what I call a story jumper because she was in a lot of my work and not just her own stories. Her story was about a town under a lake. She ended up living down there and meeting a boy her age named Noa Warren who helped her cope with the fact she felt unimportant. She also made appearances in fanfictions of mine including a story I created with characters from shows like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Xiaolin  Showdown, and much much more.
Christin "Ari" Keller: This character started out as just being named Ari after the character from Maximum Ride. It became her nickname from her friends. Christin was an unconvicted assassin who was very good at her job. This character came to me when I was fourteen and moved in with my father. She was created to cope with my evil stepmother. Cliche? I know but it was true. I wrote pretty much her whole life down. She had a best friend named Gregor Ishima who always looked out for her. I even got a good grade in French because of her. My French teacher knew I wouldn't stop writing stories in her class, so she told me I'd get a good grade if I were able to use some of my French in a story of mine properly. It worked. :)
Pandora Snow: Pandora came to life in 2010 when I was only seventeen. I created her to help me deal with the fact that my life got turned upside-down that year. I lost my dad that year, but at the same time due to my father's loss I lost my entire family and a lot more friends that I expected. I didn't know this at the time, but as time continued and I was working on the second book I discovered that in 2010 I lost a lot more people than I thought. Writing about Pandora's life was very healthy for and helped me understand and accept the loss of my father and people who left after him. (If you want to get technical I only have two family members that didn't leave when everything went down, and that would be Ethan and Jessicah, my biological siblings.) Pandora also helped me understand that even though my life was chaotic I was going to be alright and life would turn out for the best.
Angel Shudo: I created Angel at the age of nineteen. She was a music nymph which I always dreamed of being one. Music has always protected me ever since I was born. I created her to show me what it would be like to tell my dad all my secrets. And every time Angel's dad speaks to her I feel like my father's speaking to me. She also helped me realize how my friends were great people. And thanks to her I realized that one person in my life was not my friend.
I love being able to write and simultaneously cope with the problems in my life. When I began writing this, this morning I was afraid that I couldn't create a character as well as I have if my life is so great. But while I was on my way to an appointment and on my way back a story came to me like all of my stories always do. But the story isn't well written in my head yet. If the new story keeps showing up in my head I'll write it down for sure. I just wonder if I'll be able to continue Head Hunters anytime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!