The Power of Talking

So I've been worried because my depression has been messing with me. I've been diagnosed with depression seven/almost eight years ago. And I've always had it under control to the point where most people didn't even know I had depression. But lately the depression's been getting worse to the point that even when I'm laughing or giggling at a joke, but I'm still absolutely miserable. This has never been a problem before. What I noticed was that my thyroids may be swollen because I can barely eat a thing without my throat closing. I talked to my mom about it last night. I mean the depression has gotten to the point where I was going to give up on writing. WRITING! My whole life's passion! So Mom made me an appointment for this Thursday where I can find out what's going on and how to deal with it. In the meantime I'm still trying to keep my depression in check.
I wasn't able to do it on my own, so today I called my sister, Sammy. Sammy is one of my go-to people. I have three: Richard, Twin, and Sammy. I don't know why, but since Richard was busy when I picked up my phone my fingers went straight to Sammy's number. I was so happy to talk to her because she helped me. Once I told her I wanted to quit writing, she said all the people who love me wouldn't let me just quit. And she says that not only does my writing help me, but also it helps my readers. And I almost cried right there. I always wanted my writing to touch my readers like that. And Sammy told me I've already come so far. She's like, "I mean you've published a book, and so many people have read it." We also talked about how long I've been writing, and the characters that's have helped me through my life. There's been four. Tess Calliway, Christin "Ari" Keller, Pandora Snow, and Angel Shudo. Tess helped me with coping with not only a psychotic boyfriend of my ex-mother's, but also her loss of love for her children and me. Christin or as I called her Ari helped me cope with my bi-polar stepmother. Pandora helped me cope with the loss of my father. And Angel helped me remember my father the way he was; plus, she also gave me a chance to feel like I got to talk to my father about all the secrets I kept from him when he was around. We talked about so much about my writing that I was able to be happy all day without having my depression attack. I don't know what I would do without my amazing younger sister. She's always like a little ray of sunshine to so many people. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!