My Near Future Plans

How do I start this one? Well, let's start off by saying this is about my upcoming tattoos, Head Hunters, my journalism dream, and schooling. I still don't know if I'll be able to get my tattoo this month or next; it really depends on the price. But if Richard agrees I'm going to get a piece a month of the tattoo on my right arm. Richard said it's plausible because tattoos usually heal in two weeks. Of course the first part is of course going to be In loving Memory for Dad (plus, I lost him first) then the next two are for two nieces I lost when they were so very young, and the final piece for now is for a high school friend I lost only a couple years after I graduated. From there I don't know when I'll start getting my second tattoo done. My second tattoo is a dream catcher with my Dad's initials in a heart in the middle surrounded by the initials of my family in it. Richard designed it already, and three feathers are cascading down from the dream catcher. Before I get it done I want to check the design to see if any changes need to be made.
Next is my news about Head Hunters. Currently the book is 345 document pages leaving it at 549 book pages so far. I am working on chapter eighty-one right now, and I have like three chapters to work on after this before I'm done. That's not exactly set in stone. It may come out to be longer than I anticipated, but that's not the worse thing in the world. I did write two chapters of the ending though. I just have to make sure it fits like a perfect puzzle. So far everything is fitting into place. To make sure things are clear I have about three chapters to work on after chapter eighty-one that's not the ending chapters. The ending chapters are done. I only have one more ending chapter I already have written out in a manner of speaking. I haven't typed that out though because I was no longer stuck, so I'd rather type that part up in order or when I'm stuck rather than when I'm working with the inspiration I currently have to work on chapter eighty-one. I may add five more chapters than planned if I need to, but I guess it's one of those we'll see things. I have plans to finish the first draft of the book by the end of the month. That sounds plausible, but we'll see what happens.
Now about that journalism dream... I wrote Glamour a couple days ago asking how to become a journalist of theirs. I wasn't expecting much, but I thought I should at least put myself out there, right? I think so. So I sent this email out not expecting much in return, and they got back to me the very next day. They sent me like five paragraphs back when I only sent one. They did give me all the information I need though. If I want to be a journalist I should go after my liberal arts degree. They gave me a lot of information about going out my journalism dream. The only problem is to go after my journalism dream is the complete opposite direction as going after my creative writing degree. They share one or two courses, but that's it. It's my ultimate dream to get my BA in creative writing, so I'm going to major in creative writing and minor in journalism. If anything I'll just publish my own articles. *shrugs*
This kind of pertains to the last paragraph. So Richard helped one of his friends go see if he could get his GED, and when Mom heard that she was getting on Eric's butt about it. It got me thinking about my schooling. I have been learning on my own accord because college is very expensive. I've been learn French, creative writing, and science on my own. I want to attend Full Sail University in Florida. I would be taking online classes though because I don't think Florida is safe for me. It's just a personal preference. Anyway, Full Sail would send me a Mac with all their programs on it, and I'd have a class a month so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed. I'd be in school for 32 months, and when I saw the classes I was worried I wouldn't be able to handle it... So I'll need Richard to help me or encourage me or both. Jessicah, my amazing sister, had told me there's a website that lets you take classes for free.  I looked at the website with the free classes with Mom, and I found some of the classes that I'd be taking. Next month I want to fill out an application for Full Sail and fill out financial aid with Mom as well. If I can't go to Full Sail in Sept. as I plann I'll take the free classes I saw on the website Jessicah sent. ^-^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!