Tough Decisions

Everyone needs to make tough decisions in their life, and however they make their decision defines who they are as a person. There are two decisions I have to make that will define me as a person starting school in September and saving a child from a dangerous situation.
If I start school this September it'll show hard-working I am and how willing I am to get my degree. I've wanted to go to Full Sail for years now, and now I may have a shot to get in. I know it's pretty expensive, but this seems like the best program for me. With the Full Sail program I have one class a month. I love that because that means I still have time to play with Annaise while still getting my homework done on time. It's not too stressful. Plus, the best things in life don't come easy or cheap. I should know because publishing my first book wasn't cheap or easy but it sure was rewarding. I've been doing everything I can to get in. I filled out the paperwork, I'm getting the documents I need. Once I get into school I'm willing to do my best and invest a lot of time into school. Sometimes I just hope I'm good at school because it is a little scary to start college. I mean my grades weren't the best when I was in high school, but ever since I've graduated I've wanted to be able to learn more. Sometimes it's just learning anything but after a while I really wanted my bachelors in creative writing because it can help me become a better, more successful author and that's all I want. I want to be my best always.
The other decision I've been going back and forth on is saving a child. It's one of the scariest choices I'll ever have to make. Mostly because a lot of people make it seems like what's happening to them is nothing to worry about. But in my heart I know everything I hear about this kid is wrong. They should never be treated that way. I talked to Mom about it a few times, and she said I should do something about it. She even gave me a plan on what to do. I was terrified until Richard talked to me about Kenichi being scared to jump off a cliff until he realized his sister needed him and the only way to save his sister, Honoka, was to jump off the cliff and save her from the shark. I know it may sound silly that Richard got through to me by talking about an anime, but sometimes that's how I relate easier. Ever since then I've wanted to help this kid. The only problem is it's hard to do anything for them. But when I heard more news about them I went to talk to Mom and Dad. They were instantly pissed by what they heard. They told me that it was wrong that the kid was being treated like that. So I've been thinking about the best way to save them. Maybe it's not the hardest choice because all kids deserve to be in a safe, supportive, loving home, and the poor kid isn't safe, supported, or loved. And that totally bites. I should know I was mistreated a lot at home. At all my homes. Except where I live now. I am safe, supported, and loved very much. So now that I know what a loving home is like I should help out this amazing kid and have them grow up in the best situation possible. I'm sorry for not divulging the name, but that's for the kid's protection.  Hopefully I can help them out soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert