More From A Writer's Mind: Escaping Hell

A couple days ago I wrote an intense scene that ended in a death scene in Escaping Hell. It was really tough because I felt exactly like Pandora did in that scene. There was a break-in and everything in her apartment was destroyed. She knew the intruder was in her place still. As Pandora went farther in the apartment even my heart felt heavy. But I think it helps that I have empathy for my characters because that means I can write more convincing scenes that people can play out in their heads, like Mom does. It's funny I dragged out writing that scene for like forty-five minutes because it's easy to write a death scene for a nameless, faceless character but to kill a big character from my first book who just happens to be a guy I no longer like or associate with... It's a little harder. I did write it with no problem though. It sent chills up Mom's, Richard's, and my spine though.
Speaking of empathy for characters and that making them better I recently found out that I like Bailey. She's not that bad of a person. I learned that as I was working more on the story. If anything Bailey taught me not everything's in black and white. Bailey's goals are noble. It just depends on how you go about your plans. So since I was wrong about Bailey before I've been going back into her character bio and editing things accordingly. Some answers will change and others won't. I'm just answering the thirty-seven questions I got from the Bullies, Bastards, and Bitches book by Jessica Morrell. It's a how to write the bad guys of fiction kind of book.


I know this blog is short, but I still needed to get this stuff off my chest. On the school front: I heard back from the Judgement Committee about my dependency override (financial aid for the full first year and supplies). They had some questions for me, and now that I answered them they have to go over my stuff a little more. I hope to hear more from them soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert