What a Wonderful Day!

So over the past week I was able to go to BookCon in Manhattan. I always loved it there because you get to see new and old books, you get to meet authors, and some of the books are on sale. Richard and I got thirteen books while we were there. Five were given to us as a gift. We adopted another five books that were abandoned, and we bought three books. I even met a self-published author who was really cool. I bought five of his stories in just two books. The author is David V. Mammina. We talked about how he went to a few Cons, but when you're trying to sell dark fantasy books BookCon is definitely the place to be. He gave me a deal on the second one. I had to finish reading Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson before I could start reading any book from BookCon. I just finished Maximum Ride Forever last night. I will only say one thing in case fans of the series are reading this post. Dylan earned my respect. Just today I started the Redeem the Knight Trilogy, and even though I was only able to read one chapter of it so far it's got me hooked.
Just two days ago I was able to pay the shipping for my ten free copies of Head Hunters. I had made an announcement on Facebook about if people wanted a copy to hit me up. It was first come first serve. It looks like all ten copies have been claimed, But today I got promotional items for the book including 100 bookmarks, 100 business cards, and 100 postcards. I showed them to Richard and Mom first. Mom wanted a bookmark immediately. Richard ran errands after I got them and took some business cards leaving them in some of the stores he went to. I didn't even think about that, but I was thrilled that he did that. After I posted the pictures I got quite a lot of comments. I never expected Head Hunters to be so popular. I didn't expect to sell my copies so fast or that so many people would love the promotional materials so much. I just wrote the book for me and published it because I thought people would relate to the book and fall in love with the characters. If anyone wants a bookmark, postcard, or business card let me know here. That link is my professional Facebook page.

David V. Mammina's website: http://www.mamminabooks.com/
David V. Mammina's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MamminaBooks

Think that's it for now. :) Hope you all have a great day/night. 

Comments

  1. Good day!!! If i want a bookmark, postcard, or business card means what should i do??

    -www.varietysongs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Variety, I think the best place to talk is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaylyn-Gabbert/515387565216240.
      You and I can talk via messaging. ^-^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert