10 Most Influential Men in My Life

To be honest women aren't the only people who changed my life. Quite a few men in my life have shaped and sculpted who I am today. So here are the top ten men/boys who have changed or influenced my life.


  1. Keith Gabbert (my father): Dad never let me hold myself back just because I have CP. He always taught me the power of working my ass off to get what I want. He also taught me never to dumb myself down for anyone. I have two favorite lessons from him: one, "broaden your horizons" (he pretty much said that for everything); and two, you got to do everything in your power to protect yourself and your loved ones. 
  2. Tim Barnes (brother's dad and father figure): Ever since I met him he's been great to me. He's helped me with everything he could. He helped me with homework and learning how not to stress too much. He's always been there for me. When I told him I wanted to publish a book he encouraged me and gave me great advice. "If you write a trilogy no one will be able to forget your name even if they wanted to." One of my favorite things he told me was that he has never worried about me. He always knew I was going to be alright. 
  3. Ethan Barnes (younger brother): Ethan's always been really happy for my successes. He always would jump up and down with excitement and make me feel amazing. He's always been able to talk to me about anything. He once wrote a school paper about me because he looks up to me, I love watching him grow up. He always makes me so proud. 
  4. Matt Johnson (close friend and brother): I met Matt when I was in high school. He's always been able to call me on my shit. He probably knows me better than anyone because he simply pays attention. He's one of the few high school friends whose still a friend of mine. 
  5. Brad Larson (close friend and brother): I met him after high school when I moved to Colorado. He's incredibly sweet and always there for his friends, He's always been there for me. 
  6. Adam Kuester (close friend and brother): I can talk to him about just about anything and not feel like he's going to judge me. He'll tell me like it is in the respectable way.
  7. Richard Chico (fiance): I can fully be myself in front of him, and he never has a problem with it. He's seen me at my worst and always cheered me up. He's also seen me at my best. I've also seen him at my best and worst. He's my best friend. He's always supportive of what I want in life and does his best to help me with it. 
  8. Jose Chico (father-in-law): I call this man Dad. He looks out for me like one his one. Protects me, teaches me, and teases me all like one of his own. Like his wife (who I mentioned in my last post) he invited me into his home when I was in need. I always love talking to Dad. When it came to fathers' day he came in as soon as it started and told me he knows I miss my dad, but he's always here for me. He made me cry tears of joy when he said it. I'm glad he's art of my life, 
  9. Eric Chico (close friend and brother-in-law): He is an amazing and hard working. He always is there for his family no matter what they need of him. He's always fun to hang out and talk to. I always look up to him. He's a great friend and brother. 
  10. Cody Gouin (old friend): We're not friends now, and maybe we never should have been. He walked all over me and thought of me as weak because of my physical limitations. But he did teach me one thing; I'm stronger than I look and stronger (mentally and emotionally) than most. 
I appreciate all these men and besides the old friend I love them all too, and I would do anything for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!