Authors I Look Up To

I don't know how to start this... A few days ago I took a survey for Full Sail University. In the survey they asked if there is anyone I look up to in my "field of work". I look up to J.K. Rowling and Sherrliyn Kenyon because they put so much work and dedication into their work. J.K. Rowling is mentioned in the news a lot.

Recent article: Dumbledore Death Theory


Things like this make me happy because that means that even though the Harry Potter books ended that doesn't mean she stopped thinking about the characters or the fans. She listens to the fans theories and lets them know what she thinks about them. I want to be an author like that. 

Then there's Sherrilyn Kenyon. She has a whole website dedicated to her work. 



As you can see on her website there's information about her, her book series, her characters, latest news, gallery, stores, resources, community, and a countdown to when her next book comes out. I've looked at her characters from time to time to see what information she shares about her characters. 

I have two 1.5 inches binders; one for Drag Me to Hell (the Hell trilogy) and one for Head Hunters. I also have two 1 inch binders for Fight for Equality (Head Hunters' sequel) notes. I had too many notes for Fight for Equality. Haha, Look. 


The reason why there's two binders for Fight for Equality is because I've been fleshing out my characters. I've been learning more about them through facts and writing blog entries through their point of view. I like to know what Sherrilyn Kenyon is sharing about her characters. Maybe when I have more of a handle on things I'll share details about my characters. I may even be able to flesh out my website when I have a better handle on things. :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert