Comic-con/Sweating Bullets

So on Friday, I went to Comic-con with Richard, Eric, and Dad. I dressed as Maka Albarn from Soul Eater, and Richard was dressed as Big Boss from Metal Gear 3. Everyone we ran into was very nice. I got pictures with Toph and Ty Lee (from Avatar), Deadpool, Peridot (from Steven Universe), Scarlet Witch, and female Hades and Ursala. Richard got pictures with Peridot and Punisher. People wanted pictures of me, and people wanted pictures of and with Richard, including the press. Cool, right? ^-^ And everyone of us got cool stuff. I got seven books like Enter the Institute, Fairlaine the Goblin, The Silver Age of Comic Book Art, The Creators 1 and 2, First Law of Mad Science 1, and short stories from the Mad Science word. I got four Pop vinyls; Spike and Willow (from Buffy), Slade/Deathstroke, and Rapunzel that came with a tiny little Pascal vinyl. I got a crochet goblin complete with satchel and tree, and Richard bought me a Cataur plush from Final Fantasy. I also got a Tali'Zorah portrait, a book of 20 Avatar posters, and a Spidey necklace. Between all of us we got some a good haul. :) It took a lot to get home because of a storm that hit as soon as we left the Jarvis Center. We were soaked to the core and even had to seek shelter in a parking garage to wait for the rain to calm a bit. We all got home safe though, and luckily, none of us have gotten sick. When we got in I found out I got two packages and a card. The packages were from Shutterfly. I got a mug with a picture of Richard and me on it, and I also got 271 pictures to put in my photo album. I had so many pictures I needed to get a new album for the rest.

But I also got a Halloween card from Jane... It said the usual... "I miss you and love you. Mom." I hate that she still uses such a condescending title. In my word you have to earn your keep in the way of titles.  I've lived here in New York since July 1, 2013. When I first came I was scared and nervous and kept to myself. I opened up after a while once I got to know the family. But here's the problem, when she sends me cards with that bullshit I get mad and upset. I even start getting insecure thinking that the family I have is going to disown me at some point to. I always cam down eventually, but I hate feeling so insecure all the time. This family I have loves me, and I know that. But I hate the questioning it from time to time. So I have half a plan to deal with it. I'm going to cal her from the house phone, so she can't text me... But what am I going to say? I have like no words without feeling like I'm excommunicating Ethan. If anyone has advice, I'd like to hear it given its put in a respectful way.  The reason I'm starting to sweat bullets is because as much as I didn't give a fuck about the Halloween card I would get pissed if she sends cards for Thanksgiving and Christmas because those are family holidays, and Jane and I are NOT family. And I don't care what her game plan is. I care about my own game plan. She doesn't deserve to be in my life. And I won't let her ruin more family time with my family. I sent her a letter after my birthday but apparently she didn't get the message. Now I need to give her a clear but respectful "fuck off". Please wish me luck.

And now here are some pictures of Comic-con. ^-^














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert