Wonderful Anniversary

Not everything always goes the way you expect or want it to. But sometimes when plans don't work out you can find some good in it. Yesterday was my four year anniversary with Richard. We went to the city to go to Midtown Comics. It was our whole reason to go to the city. First we went to the wrong one (the one with no elevator).
On our way to the right one we found the Hard Rock Cafe and got a coupon for a free appetizer (expires at the end of the year). We also found a shop called Book Off. It sells books, CDs, DVDs, games for all consoles, figurines from animes, games, and such, and so much more. We didn't get anything there, but it's nice to know the place exists. Richard was telling Mom last night that Book Off has imports and exports. Then we found the first Barnes and Noble I've seen since I moved here. Got a journal and two POP Vinyls from there: Rocket Raccoon and classic Mikey from TMNT. So when we finally get to the right Midtown we find out the elevator is busted. Talk about a disappointment. We planned our day all around that. We were circling back for Panera when we found a cool place (sorry I can't for the life of me remember what it's called).
We ate there then we went to check out the the Hard Rock Cafe because we had never been. My dad used to go all the time on business trips and such, tell me all about it and buy us a few things from there. We got there and it's pretty freakin' cool. I didn't know they had a museum. I got a tag with my name engraved on it from the Custon ID Tags machine, pants, and a shot glass. We got a couple pictures there by the guitar covered wall. We didn't get to eat there since we already ate, but it was nice to check it out.
After the Hard Rock Cafe we went to check out the Disney store. It's pretty nice. The decoration are so cool, there's a projector that shows some of your favorite characters on the walls. It has gear for all sorts of Disney characters new and old even dating back before Mickey. They have set of action figures/dolls for $15 usually like entire casts of Captain America: Civil War, Spiderman versus the Sinister Six and more.
On our way to the train we ran into Elvis and I got a picture with him. We also got to talk to him about what's happening to all the beloved characters next month, where they will be on designated blocks, and they'll be unable to leave the block. When I first heard the story the news said it was because tourists were being harassed and were scared of them or something to that. I found that hard to believe considering that's one of it's biggest attractions from what I've been able to tell. Elvis told us it was the Naked Cowboy who voted for the restriction (I was surprised to hear that) and the businesses didn't want them out there or something. I was happy to hear he has a plan though. When we got home Mom told us about the businesses as well.
So even though things didn't go as planned we had a wonderful day out.





If you want to check out Book Off follow the link: http://www.bookoffusa.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!