My Pastiche Poem

I am now in Literary Genre 1: Comedy and Tragedy. I was supposed to write a pastiche poem. A pastiche poem as explained by my instructor is copying the same number of words per line of a poem you had to read. We were assigned to read 'My Father's Love' by Yusef Komunyakaa. If you would like to read it here's the link My Father's Love.
I had no idea what to write at first, but after Skyping with Debra yesterday and talking about our families I chose to write about April. I'll share the paragraph I wrote to get the the idea and the poem itself. The paragraph and poem are slightly different because the paragraph had too many words. I hope everyone likes it. Please tell me what you think.

Grateful for Mom
Although you never gave birth to me You always treated me like I was your own You were never afraid to tell me how it was or be there to give me advice You’d butt heads with me with no fear You’d tell me when I’d hurt my father’s feelings You taught me what I needed to know no matter how stubborn I was You taught me not to let my disability get the best of me but to get a handle on it Times were not always easy between us But that changed absolutely nothing Because in the end everything you did made me the tough person with morals that I am today I know I left once my father, your husband passed, but I hope you understand that it was because I was just as confused lost and hurt as you were I was lost and confused for a few years but now that I found my niche I would like to get back in touch with you Your lessons and stories have always stayed with me. I constantly find myself wondering how you are doing and I wo der if you think the same about me I know I sent you a letter not too long ago I wonder if you got it and what you thought

Although you never gave birth to me, You
always treated me like I was
your own. You were never afraid to tell me how
it was or be there to
give me advice. You’d butt heads
with me with no fear.
You’d tell me when I’d
hurt my father’s feelings. You taught
me what I needed to know no matter
what. You taught me not
to let my disability get the
best of me. Times were not
always easy between us. But that changed
absolutely nothing, Because in
the end everything you did made
me the tough person
that I am
today, I know I left once
my father, your husband passed, but
I hope you
understand that it was because I was
just as confused lost
and hurt as
you were I was lost and
confused for a few years.
but now that I found my niche
I would like to get
back in touch with you.
Your lessons and stories have
always stayed with me. I constantly
find myself wondering how you are
doing and I wonder if you
think the same about me I know

I sent you a letter not too long ago, I wonder if you got it and what you thought 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!