Off to a Good Start...

Okay. Apologies to everyone. I've been meaning to post this sooner, but life's been busy. Let me start off by saying 2017 started off wonderfully. As January started I got a new hairstyle that I only once had at the end of 2010. I have bangs that frame my face well. I got a new attitude. I'm a bit more assertive now about my wants and needs but not in a rude way. Or I hope not. But the biggest thing is that Richard and I got an apartment. (I wanted to write this blog entry since January 19th. It's now January 30th as I write this. Talk about being busy.)
The apartment is new and beautiful. Like it's just been built recently. It has solar panels and a recycling program within the building. It accommodates people with mobility, hearing, and visual impairments.  It is Richard and my first place together and our first place of our own ever. Haha. It has been great.
Our family helped us move, and it was just great. Marshall helped me get to the apartment to prepare for Dad, Richard, and Eric moved the furniture. We didn't and don't have much furniture, but we have some. We have a mattress, two TVs, and some stuff. Richard was able to buy a little more the day of the move.
The day of the move I had the urge to call my parents to thank them for raising me so well. That day I asked my sister for their numbers that I wish I hadn't lost, and she helped me out. The very next day I caught up with Jessicah (which apparently from what I hear is hard to do  ). I caught up with my grandparents from my mother's side. I also got to catch up with my great aunt and cousin on my dad's side. When I was able to I called Jane and April. I left a message for April, but I got to talk to Jane. Jane was so happy to hear that I was happy. We may not get along and we may be better off without each other, but it was a good conversation. She could hear my smile, and she knew my eyes were smiling too. It's something that would happen when I was a kid. When I was at my happiest you could see a smile in my eyes as well as on my face. I can see it in people too. I saw my parents' eyes smiling when they were extremely happy. I see it with Richard too.
There's definitely some culture shock. Shopping will be different. We're paying for our own wifi (for school among several other reasons). We can't afford cable. We have all this space. It's been an adjustment period, and it will take some getting used to. But I have finally set myself up at a desk like area at my kitchen island.
I'll let you know how things go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!