My 2015 Break

Just after break started I finished Black Widow Forever Red by Margaret Stohl. Through the whole book I was on the edge of my seat. I would totally recommend it for anyone who loves the Marvel movies or the Marvel universe in general. The book follows three people; Natasha Romanoff, Ava Orlova, and Alex Manor. I ended up loving them. Some of the Avengers make an appearance. Also one of the best villains I've read about in a long time, Ivan Somodorov, was the main antagonist. He really knew how to mess with people's heads, stay off everyone's radar, and knew how to not get caught. He was so good in fact that I had to add him to my Inspiration Dossier under 'Villains I Admire' (more on that later on.) There were twists and turns that nobody saw coming. It was great. I read A Semi-Charming Kind of Life by Suzanne Selfors in about three or four days. I could barely put it down. The book is part of the Ever After High universe. It's vastly different from Black Widow, but I wanted Darling Charming to succeed just as bad as Natasha, Ava, and Alex. It was a great book with a few surprises. I also read I Survived True Stories Vol. 2 Nature Attacks by Lauren Tarshis. She wrote about four different survival stories; a shark attack, a volcano eruption, a wildfire, and a box jellyfish attack. At the end of each stories she's add files of information that pertains to that disaster. I copied down eight pages of notes from those files and added them to my Dossier.
For the longest time I've only had six villains in my 'Villains I Admire' section. The section had villains like Ultron, Dr. Doom, Slade/Deathstroke, Bishop (from 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Taskmaster, and Adalind Schade (from Grimm). After reading Black Widow Forever Red I had to add Ivan Somodorov to the Villains section. The reason I even have this section is because these villains have won in a universe or they have amazing skills that no one else has/is as good at as they are. Ivan was right up there with the rest of them. I also started classifying documents in the Dossier more as a note for me, so when people want to check out my Dossier I know what documents contain sensitive/private information. And since I've been on break I ended up adding so many documents to it that I finally had to split it between two binders. The main binder has five subjects in it, and the sub-binder has six subjects in it. I'm so impressed with how big the Dossier has grown. It now has over 500 pages in it (between the two binders).
I probably never mentioned here that since November I've been going to yoga. It's every week nearby. Ever since I started going my legs have been getting stronger even though it is a sitting yoga class. Annaise has been noticing how strong I've gotten, and even the instructor commented on my improvement recently. I've also discovered that yoga plus Taralyn's music nymph teachings is a really great way to get rid of my aches and pain. And not only has yoga made me physically stronger, but it's also helped me become calmer.
Last Monday (12/21) I started this 30-Day Writing Challenge. I thought starting on break would be easiest, so I had a great start before school picks up again next Monday (1/4/16). I'll have 14 of the 30 posts by the time school starts. I'll post those questions later in case anyone wants to take the challenge.
Christmas with the family was amazing. I got cute bookish socks and pictures of Dad and young me and Jess from my sister Jessicah. Cathy got made me a personalized stocking. Annaise got me a Harry Potter wand, and Binky got me a Harry Potter Pop Vinyl. Mom and Dad got me a beautiful leather-bound journal with an anchor charm for the bookmark, and a ship's steering wheel to keep the journal closed. Richard got me a giant Grim Reaper Squishable that I named Trubel (from Grimm) and a new dogtag with a picture with me and my dad imposed on it. Richard got Mass Effect Monopoly, a hand-carved Groot statue, and Dragonball Z cups with Goku and Vegeta on them from me. We got Jessicah a gift card for a spa, got Mom a NOOK, and got Eric a Castiel  full-body pillow (more as a joke). Angelina loved and was shocked by her Raven Queen Ever After doll. We got her the Legacy Day one because I know how much she loves Raven. Everyone was satisfied with their gifts.


Last night Richard and I went to Mockingjay Part 2, and it was awesome. I don't want to give away spoilers away in case people haven't seen it yet, but it made for a great night out. ^-^

As promised the 30-Day Challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!