Treasured Memories Part II

A few days ago, July 3rd, I was reading the latest issue of Reader's Digest. The first article that caught my attention was 'Why I've Decided Not to Write a Memoir'. It was about a woman who being given a very detailed and loving letter from her grandmother about why her grandmother couldn't write a memoir even though she had so many stories collected. This article made me reread the first Treasured Memories I wrote almost a year ago. A lot has changed since that draft for some, and I want to add more people as well. Some bonds have grown stronger, and others have made their mark in my lately.

Books named in the memories will be linked in the bottom. I will be using Goodreads links because Goodreads is also important to a few memories.

Updating:
  1. Keith Gabbert
  2. Richard Chico
  3. Eric Chico
  4. Twin 
  5. Adam Kuester
  6. Ethan Barnes
  7. Jane Harris
  8. Grandma Sally
Strong Memories Appeared Lately:
  1. Maurice 
  2. Mike 
  3. Matt
  4. Nana
  5. Maxx
  6. Clara
  7. Elvin
  8. Kimmie
Accountabilibuddies:
  1. Adrienne 
  2. Ash 
  3. JJ
  4. BB
  5. Tiffany 
  6. Garin
  7. Kim K. 
  8. Michelle

Updated:

Keith Gabbert

I wasn't originally going to write about you. I have no new memories of our time together. But I have learned many new stories about you that I would like to share. What oddly made me think of adding you and cementing me putting you in here was watching the end of Bioshock Infinite with Richard. I can't explain it, but I was overcome with emotions.
Last November the movie Coco came out. After Richard and I saw it I found myself wanting to know more about you and your dad. I asked Jane, Aunt Rita, and my grandma about stories they'd like to share. I got no response, so a few days later I called Jane to talk about you. She told me how you two met while working in the same building. She tried to set you up with her secretary, but her secretary knew Jane liked you. I don't remember all the details, but you guys talked on a bad day for her. You guys didn't talk much at first. Jane said she needed to leaver town.You surprised her at at her house which wasn't far from your own saying you were ready to go anywhere. Jane and you ended up going to Canada. When you and Jane started hanging out your dad was sick, from what I remember. One of Jane's favorite memories of you was the summer you guys where you guys rented a baseball field every day to play softball. ^-^ You always did love sports. You played softball where you split your hand open once and kept playing. You played soccer, but I don't remember much about that. Your favorite sport was golf. ^-^ A memory I have with you while we're speaking of sports is the time you took me to a Mariners game. I know I was younger, so there aren't a lot of details I can recall, but I know I had a lot of fun.
The day before Christmas I received a package from Jane with my baby book in it. I learned a lot about you while looking through this book. Some things I was reminded of. You moved around a lot because your dad was in the navy. Your hobbies and interests when you were in your twenties were soccer, guitar, snorkeling, and sky diving (😱😰 I would never do this. You know my fear of heights.). I wonder what all of that was like. 😮
When Jane was pregnant with me, you had all sorts of expectations for me, but not the same expectations most parents have. I mean the usual expectations were that I'd be happy and healthy. You wanted me to be intelligent enough to make my own decisions and not rely on anyone. You wanted me to be what I wanted to be. I am, by the way. I'm an author and a game writer with StrideStar Studios. One of the most memorable moments for you during the pregnancy is when I started to recognize your voice. My favorite lullabies you sang me were Iron Man by Black Sabbath (or as you told me to remind me the band name Dark Sunday 😛) and T.N.T. by AC/DC. I hope I met your expectations... even if they changed over my lifetime. 💖

Richard Chico

We've lived on our own together for about a year and a half now. You've always been there for me. You're pretty much a mind-reader, buuut that might be because we're married. 😜 When I get stressed you let me vent and vice versa. You help me understand points of views and news stories I don't understand. Because of you I almost entirely stopped getting instantly mad about news stories I read. This year I started writing guest blogs about very personal subjects. I learned I like to write the guest blogs even if they leave me emotionally vulnerable, if it helps someone know they aren't alone. The first one was about my history with suicidal thoughts.Since it was the first one my emotions were extremely raw, and I let my memories and past memories get to me. You let me work through my own emotions, and when my depression got too bad you slowly and gently pulled me out of it by making sure I socialized, and I'm not the only one you did that for. ^-^ 💖 It's one of the things I love about you. Then when I worked on the sexual assault one you were just as supportive and there for me like you always are. You didn't mind that I wasn't telling you all details to protect people's privacy. You heard me tell you another incident I was always afraid to tell you, and you comforted me like it was no big deal. It was in the past.
We have so many great memories. We literally talk about everything and anything. While I was writing this you brought up how you love how we can always be real with each other. I love that too. 💖 I bet our friends can vouch for all of that. We share interests like D&D, Big Hero 6: The Series, and so much more. If we find something interesting anywhere we'll talk about it like how we talk about the Game Grumps and Cloak and Dagger. I was so happy and proud of all the effort you put into being a DM. It makes you so happy. You show me some stuff you found that wouldn't spoil the game. Can't wait to start D&D back up. I recently started reading a lot more, and I like to share passages with you from Miles Morales, How to be a Supervillain, and most recently, Ducktales: Solving Mysteries and Rewriting History! (a book Grandma suggested). You planned my birthday for me where our friends joined us for a game of real rules Monopoly. It was new to me, but I had a lot of fun. I'm glad we did that. Also for my birthday you got me new shirts that a friend accidentally bought in my size. The day before my birthday we went to Queens, so I could get my second tattoo [pictured under Jane]. After the tattoo shop we went to Taco Bell (where I wanted my birthday dinner). After Taco Bell it was off to Game Stop. Then you went to F.Y.E. to pick up something. You ended up getting me Reptar Bars. ^-^ I totally forgot about them, but you wanted to get them for me for a while. You got me the green and purples. ^-^ Then we got on the bus to head home and ran into Eric on our way home.
Not everything is fun and games, but you're always there. I started watching Marvel's Cloak and Dagger when it began. You had told me so many great things about them before. I wanted to see where it went. As I watched it it (hate this word) triggered my PTSD. Every time that happened you held me and we talked about it. There was never a point where I wanted to stop watching it. It's a great show. But every time I had an anxiety attack or PTSD attack you are always there. POSSIBLE CLOAK AND DAGGER SPOILERS: On the episode where Tandy and Tyrone are helping Ivan Hess while being in his mind there was a part of the Groundhog Day event where Tandy could hear her father's voice. Before I knew what was happening I was crying. I was able to compose myself. Then when Ivan and his daughter were reunited more heavy tears poured out. I recomposed myself a bit feeling emotionally and physically exhausted. Then at the very end of the episode Tyrone takes out a recording he has from his brother, Billy. Tyrone calls Tandy, and they listen to Billy's voice together. That wrecked me. I started shaking and crying more Then there you were. You wrapped your arms around me, then we went to the couch and talked about it. You encouraged me to listen to Trebbag (my family's band one summer vacation). Dad only sings in one though. And his part's at the end. It was weird and oddly unsettling to hear my family's voices again, but it was worth it to hear Dad's voice again even for a bit. I wasn't brave enough to hear more of the CD though. It hurt way too much. I let you know, and you told me I didn't have to force myself to listen to more. You asked if there were any other songs with Dad's voice, and I shook my head. You told me to take it easy. Thank you for that. 💖

Eric Chico

I love you coming over and spending weekends at our place. Every time we go out to dinner we have a lot of fun. An older memory of us going going to dinner is when you and I went to Red Lobster. We talked about all kinds of things. You could barely remember going to Disney World as a kid, but we talked about what you did remember. We also talked about camping, I believe. It was a great night out. During another one of our dinners out this year we talked about your superhero character and the story. Maurice, Richard, and I went to see Avengers: Infinity War, and after the movie you met us at the theater, so we could all go to our favorite diner. We had a great dinner talking about the movie. We all took a cab home while talking about some new live-action Teen Titans. We also had an argument about some Superman thing you were so enamored with the conversation you almost forgot to get out of the car. 😏 I didn't mention this last time because at the time it was a one-time deal, but on my twenty-fifth birthday Richard, you and I played D&D for the first time, and we played into my birthday which I thought was way cool. We picked it up more late last year with Marshall and Maurice. My favorite D&D memories of our first game, our first fight with the wolf, and your character every time he's drunk. Thank you for coming over for the weekend before my birthday and staying till the day was over. It meant a lot to me. While you were here there was lots of superhero talk while you were here. I asked you if superhero-ing was an addiction because in the Miles Morales book I was reading, Miles' dad said it was. I wanted your take on the subject. I showed you heroes and villains in How to be a Supervillain. On my birthday we played Mass Effect Monopoly with our D&D character avatars. You got mad at some of my deals in the game. 😛 Thank you for the Reptar Pop Vinyl. I love it. 

Twin

What can I say about you? You're my best friend and totally always will be. 💖 We have so many crazy conversations, but we also look out for each other and give each other advice. We have both. I've given you people advice, and you've given me medical advice. We're both starting physical therapy soon, or you are. We're not entirely sure what's up with me just yet.
We're so goofy together. We had this one conversation that Maurice kind of found out about. You had to help me explain it to him after some time, not that he believed us. How could he? Our conversations are far too crazy for someone other than us to understand. The only one who has ever close to understanding our friendship is Richard and probably your Tim. 😍😉
You've shared amazing moments with me that I had to share on Facebook. 💖 A few of them are shared below. You're a great sister, friend, and all. I love every time we talk I leave smiling even if I came into the conversation upset. I hope the same thing thing happens to you.
We've talked about a lot of my writing. We've talked about Head Hunters, and why I love the universe the most. It could be due to the fact the characters in the universe are very talkative and more opinionated than the other characters I've written. You have the most characters based on you. You pretending to be a villain aka Whitecoat (😛) made me want to write an experiment against music nymphs. You didn't want me dead, but... 😈😇 ...I can't wait to share with you and everyone. You were one of the first two I told about E's reaction to his character. Hope these memories were okay to share. 💖



Adam Kuester

I'm so proud of you and all you're doing. You're going back to school to be a psychologist. You'll be a great one. ^-^ 💖You seem so much happy these days. I loved video chatting with you. You gave me a tour of your house. We've talked about piercings, tattoos, and so much more. :x I can trust you with anything. You helped me share my 'Me Too' guest blog even though I was scared. You talked me through sharing it, and you shared it too. Right after I did. ^-^ I was eventually able to give you the virtual tour of my place. Yesterday (July 14th) you sent me a pic of the collector's edition of the 2009 movie of Drag Me to Hell, and we talked about it briefly. ^-^

Ethan Barnes

I know I wrote a lot of memories of you as a kid. So this time I'm dedicating this to our most recent memories. Every time we talk on the phone I always end up smiling. You definitely have a great head on your shoulders. You speak like an adult even though you're only seventeen. One of my favorite conversations was when I was trying to invite you to visit me. At first you just resisted like why would you visit your sister? But after a while we joked about how you'd come visit. Later I find out you thought I wanted you to pay for a plane ticket to see me. 😅Are you kidding? I'd never do that to you. But I know it may be longer till we can see each other in person again. The conversation on  your birthday this year was pretty cool. We finally got to Skype again after like a year and a half. Turns out you're much taller than me, so you put the phone at about my height, you jerk. 😛 I was trying to give you bad news about what happened to your character in one of my stories. I didn't even know he was based on you till we were talking. Then it was like, "Oh crap, I should tell him." 😅 But you left abruptly, like the moment I  was about to spill. If I didn't know you better I would have thought you were mad. You called back though. I told you that a your character died, and your immediate question was, 'Can I be revived?' 'No. You're kind of a tragic backstory kind of deal.' I eventually explained that it was a trophy hunting incident. You stared at me and asked, 'Were my parts at least expensive?' I was freaking stunned. Our mom said it was good that you made me stop and think about it. Which it is. 😇 Now that I thought about it, yes, they were. Because they were sold on the black market or whatever. 

Jane Harris

A couple months after I wrote the first Treasured Memories you and I had one our best talks ever that led us to talk even more and even let me friend you on Facebook. I know that's not a big deal to most, but I pretty much live on Facebook. 😏 So what caused this conversation? What made it so great? The conversation was sparked by the movie Coco. After watching Coco in theaters I wondered more about my dad and others. I emailed you, Grandma, and Aunt Rita. I called you a few days later asking you about Dad. And you told me all about him. You told me about how you two met, how you tried you tried to set a coworker up with him, and how you two ended up dating. This was a whole new set of stories about Dad I never could have imagined I'd hear. You told me so much, and by the end you said you'd send my memories from the boxes you saved since I was born (at my request), and I sent you a friend request that night. Right before Christmas you sent me my first box of memories including my baby book that Dad and you both worked on. I opened the first package and tears just fell from my face. I enjoyed all the memories you sent me. 💖
I had a really random memory pop up while I was working on this. On one of my summers when I was visiting you, most likely when I was fifteen, I started eating canned goods straight from the can. You came home one day to see Ethan and I both eating out of cans. You asked why we were doing it, and I told you I got the idea from Maximum Ride (go figure, right? 😛😏) Also I just wanted to do less dishes. 😅
Also a few weeks before my latest birthday I shared one of those lame posts that said something along the lines of "If your mother doesn't comment within the hour they're paying for your next tattoo". I shared it because I wanted a tattoo for my birthday, and why not share it? I went back and time stamped it later. Then my Facebook chimed letting me know I had a comment from you saying something about being surprised you got it in time and nice try. But you did pay for my tattoo. The money you sent me for my birthday was nearly enough, and you paid for most all of it. So I give you full credit. 😄 Thank you so much. I obviously love it. 💖

Grandma Sally

I love talking to you from time to time. You have made so many of my days because you always ask details about my and Richard's lives which I absolutely love. You're one of the few people who always asks about Richard. You asked about my jobs, and even though you didn't understand all of it you are so proud of me. We talked about our differences in the uses of the internet. The whole conversation was one of my favorite talks. You emailing me out of the blue always makes me smile. You thought of me when you were thinking of authors, conventions, and reading. You and I also talked about memories of you and Grandpa. I hope to hear more. 💖💗We talked about our birthdays. I hope you have a great birthday. I was so scared to show you my tattoo, but I'm glad you liked it. Because of the cami I'm wearing under the dress you thought I also had a chest tattoo. 😛(I do not. I'm only comfortable getting my arms tattooed.) I had a great birthday and received your card and gift on my birthday. I thanked you as soon as I could and let you know how I spent my day. It was a great day. The day after my birthday I went to the mall and spent some of my birthday money on two books, a new blanket, and art supplies as well as a few other items. I let you know what I got, and you said I'm like you and grandpa and you. And that made me so happy and made me blush. You emailed me as soon as I got home showing me books that you thought I would like. One of them I didn't see at the mall. I told Richard about it, and we bought it on Amazon right away. I got it a few days later and immediately dove into it. Speaking of, I'm now reading all three books (Tiana's Best Surprise, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, and DuckTales: Solving Mysteries and Rewriting History) I bought with my birthday money. I started them after finishing the last two I was reading.


I love and miss you Grandpa. I know you're in a better place. 

Strong Memories Appeared Lately: 

Maurice

At the end of last year you started hanging out at our place more. We got to become better friends. Every time you come over I put my phone down or close my laptop to pay attention. When you saw I made you a stocking for Christmas you were so happy. We can talk about anything, and I don't feel like I have to censor myself around you. You even brought up how I joke with you. I don't even think about it or feel bad about it later. You know how tough that is for me. Speaking of jokes when we were trying to convince Eric to come with us to Comic-Con you asked for my phone. Didn't think much of it and handed it over. Aaand that's when you saw my search history. 😯 Haha. You don't judge, but you do bring up that you saw something shady on the history. 😏 Once Twin and I tried to explain it. Like that worked. You weren't "falling for our shit". XD Anyway... Ever since we started playing D&D you are on top of everything. You know and act like your character more than the rest of us. You have helped me pick out spells. You've helped me practice. We even went to Panera to study for our final D&D boss. On our way to Panera we stopped at Five Below where I bought myself a "hobby" (drawing). You saw as I kept debating if I should buy my art supplies. You checked on me every once in a while. Then in the end you asked if I had the money. I talked to you about my apprehension, and you said if I had the money I should buy it. Richard, you, and I went to see Avengers: Infinity War, and after the movie Eric met us at the theater, so we could all go to our favorite diner. We had a great dinner talking about the movie. We all took a cab home while talking about some new live-action Teen Titans. On my birthday, you were the first one to arrive. We hung out in front of Richard playing Kingdom Hearts II. When Eric got home from work we played Mass Effect Monopoly with our D&D character avatars, and you kicked our asses. 😛 Thank you for the movie gift card. ^-^ 
Mike

As lame and girly as it may sound you had a huge impact on my life. I still base characters off you in my writing.

I still remember how we met when you brought a guitar case full of energy drinks. You were selling them to everyone. A couple of my friends tried to convince you not to give me one, buuut I was more convincing. We started hanging out since then. We went to the movies with a few friends to see The Wolfman (remake). I was supposed to make sure my parents met everyone that was coming to the movies, but unfortunately they couldn't meet you beforehand. After the movie I decided that I wanted to get a ride home from Cody, so I think you and I took the bus to meet up with him. Buuut my dad found out and met us at the meeting spot. You went to hand me my phone, and I just handed it to my dad. I knew I was grounded. When Dad and I got in the car he asked if you were my boyfriend and more in so much detail. I told him no, but everything about his body language told me Dad didn't believe me. I wanted to reintroduce you to him one day. 😯 Anyway, there was one time you and Cody came to hang out at the school on a day where I didn't need to be there because of the WASL (Washington State standardized tests). Our friend, Monica, tried to convince me to pass off her art as my own. You recognized it right away. Since I had time to spare I wanted to hang out with you guys. Cody and you gave me a ride to his house where we hung out. You came up with a weird and catchy jingle that I sang like aaaaall day at school. On our way back to school my anxiety of getting caught kicked in. Cody didn't know what he'd say if my dad caught me. You said you'd act like you didn't know I was there. Probably the best bet. 😏After my senior year, I moved to Colorado. One of the best surprises for my birthday was you calling me and us just talking for like an hour. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you when I came back to visit. I remember I almost forgot to give you a hug when I first saw you. 😳 Then another time we were hanging out I treated everyone to McDonalds, and when I ordered a Big Mac you just stared at me like you didn't think I could eat it all. On our way back to my friend's house you kept looking in the rear view mirror like I was going to eat it in front of you. When Drag Me to Hell was published I needed help with the press release, and you were one of the first people I thought of to help. One of the things I remember you saying about Drag Me to Hell was you knew where the locations I was talking about were because I described them so well. That's something I'll never forget. It made me feel like a real author. 😃 I also interviewed you for the second book in the trilogy. A while after that we fell out of touch, and I let my anxiety get the best of me, and I thought we weren't friends anymore. Years later, I was writing a character based off you, and the character surprised me by doing something you would do. I decided to reach out. When we started talking again we talked on the phone for three hours. We caught up on everything. It was one of my favorite talks in a long time. ^-^ Later, I asked you about my Head Hunters' universe and what species you'd want to be. And based on your answer I started another short story in the universe. I interviewed you for that too, and I also asked for your help with upcoming scenes in it. I can't wait for us to be able to work together. ^-^ 

Matt

As lame and girly as it may sound you had a huge impact on my life. I still base characters off you in my writing.

I don't remember exactly how we met, but I know we became close friends quickly. We had history class together sophomore year with one of the most energetic teachers. He'd just on desks, and he wouldn't just teach us history. Sometimes he'd just tell us good people skills like when you call for someone always give your name and who you're looking for. Anyway, I have so many good memories of you. You knew me better than I knew myself which was kind of good when we walked home together. The first time you walked me home I fell in the street because I pushed myself too much. My legs pretty much turned to jelly. You warned people I was there, helped me to the curb, and made me relax there till I felt strong enough to continue. I remember when you first met April she freaked you out. We went to your house once with our friend, Jessica. You lived at the top of a steep hill. You had me try to ride a bike up to the top of the hill. I fell off the bike twice. Since then you've never trusted me around bikes. On our way back to my place we got on the wrong bus and ended up in Kent. We did finally make it to my house where my dad gave you a ride home. When you saw me being unusually quiet and avoiding eye contact one day you came to my house to make sure I was okay. We hung out for a while, and you stayed for dinner. One of the times we were hanging out at my house we were playing some zombie game and as soon as we got to the zombies you had to leave. A little before I came to visit Washington after I moving to Colorado I asked you if you would go visit Dad with me. This was your response-ish, "I'm going with you for two reasons: 1. you asked, and 2. he treated me with respect that adults don't usually give us." When you weren't sure if you would be in town you asked me if someone else could go with me. On the first day we tried to see Dad I stopped by your place and hung out for a while watching some show. We started walking there, and you asked your sister if she could drive us. We had to take the bus, but it was no big deal. I think you kept calling Cody for a ride that day. Haha. Of course, the cemetery was also up a hill. You helped me to the top and let me sit by a headstone while you went to look for my dad. You checked every headstone by the light of your cellphone. We couldn't find him that night. We left and sat at the mall across the street before getting picked up. While we were waiting we messed with Cody telling him we were at a strip club. Later that week one of our friends took us to the cemetery, and we all looked for Dad but his headstone wasn't there. You made me feel better though. Like you always did. ^-^ I hope you're doing well. 💖

Nana

Nana, you are an absolute sweetheart. I wanted to write about you last time but I got nervous. I love hanging out with you. You always melt my heart. I still remember how when we met we were both very shy. I'm glad we have a bond though. When I fell once when you crawled over to me to check. Mom and Dad offered to help you, but you wanted to do it on your own. You kept calling out to me to maker sure I was okay. You've come over to our place twice. The first time you came over you just drove around looking at everything you could. I could see your eyes smiling. It was so cute. 💖 The second time you came over you came on a school day. You told me before we could play you had to do your homework first. We worked on your homework together. After homework we played with the Ever After High dolls. ^-^ I can't wait for you to come over next time. 💖

Maxx

When we met it was crazy. A case of mistaken identity. We did go to the same high school, but we never met in person. You have a unique mind. When we talk you'll never give a typical answer. My favorite memory of you is one that recently resurfaced. As the song 'Gorgeous Nightmare' by Escape the Fate played I remembered we once talked about my dad years ago. A movie or something made me think of a daddy/daughter dance (an event that Dad and I did not share). Instead of saying what most people would say. You asked me what my ideal version of a dance. You asked about all the details: what we'd be wearing, what song would be playing, and who would be on the guest list. It made me feel so much better by making me picture it in detail. I'm glad we talk more often these days. We can always exchange ideas and geek out with one another. 

Clara

I know we don't talk often, but every time I see a message from you I'm so happy. I love hearing how your everything is going. Last time we caught up you called me. I couldn't believe you still have my number. I never thought after all these years you'd still have it. 💖 Anyway, we met at Compassion Network, a volunteer center in Cali. You gave me a ride home once after a meeting with the higher ups where we were talking about having a tutoring department. We tutored together. You brought me to your church and work a few times. My favorite church memories were the game night where we had to multitask, the festivals, and the night we all talked about our goals and gave each other compliments. I love how even though you are always so busy you've given me a ride to my cousin's (out of town), and when Richard visited you came to play Monopoly with us. When you found out I was going to move you helped me get boxes, threw me a surprise party, and gave me a ride to the airport. For the surprise part you told me we were going out to lunch at one of your favorite places. Everyone from the church really surprised me. We had a great lunch, and everyone was so nice. I still have all the gifts everyone gave me. ^-^ I hope we can talk again soon, and I hope everything is going well for you. 💖 

Elvin

We met at Full Sail, and we got to know each other better in our Transmedia class. You and I were 'co-leaders' in that class. You were a great leader. You helped me with classes after that. I remember you warned me about the second TV writing class and the teacher. I barely passed that class, but at least I passed. 😊 We've talked since we graduated. We can talk about anything. I'm glad you got me back into reading. I finished reading How to be a Supervillain by Michael Fry and Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds. I'm now reading three books. Lol. I think I need to make a better challenge for myself.  Because you got me into Goodreads I've been able to do story research on a different format. I hope we can meet this summer. ^-^ I wanted to let you know that I really appreciated you calling me on your way to work recently. We had tried to get in touch, but our lives get busy... And even though the conversation was really short I'm glad we could talk. ^-^

Kimmie

We had classes together at Full Sail, and I loved your work, so I asked if we could be friends by Facebook. We talked on Facebook more after a while because I think we stopped being in the same class. I love hearing about your work and talking to you about my stuff as well. You asked if I wanted to read your book. I told you my thoughts, and you're trying to publish it. I'm wishing you the best of luck. I can't wait to have a hard copy of this. We work together at StrideStar now. Reading over scripts with you is always fun. We're on our second game now. You've helped me a lot with our work at StrideStar. We got to talk about an idea that I had for one of my stories. You helped me work out an idea. I can't wait to show you the finished project. I'm so glad we're friends. 💖

Accountabilibuddies: 

Accountabilibuddies: Writer friends who keep you accountable with all you want to do on the deadlines you make or have. We share ideas with each other, motivate, and support each other. 

I always wanted to make a Facebook group for you guys, but I wasn't sure about it until the summer started. ^-^

Adrienne

Our first conversation on the phone was three hours long. We became fast friends. We talked about writing, activism, D&D, and so much more. One of the things we talked about the first night was you and your grandma talking about a book you were going to write. Apparently your grandma thought you had been writing it the whole time.You told me your grandma passed away, but not before telling your mom and uncle about it. Your uncle and you talked about it, and he helped you publish your first book. We can talk about pretty much anything. You live in my home state, so I get to keep up on all news from there. ^-^ And you calmed me down when I got an interesting petition sent to me. You always make time to talk. You sent me three different surveys to help with books and blogs you're writing. I felt so honored you thought of me. Can't wait to see more of your work. 😃 When I had a panic attack after a day at work and wanted to talk to someone about it you called and checked on me. We talked for a while, and you made me feel a lot better. ^-^

The Gluten-Free Way: My Way by Adrienne Z. Milligan (also by William Maltese)

Ash

When we first started we met twice a week, a few times with BB. You and BB helped me through a really big  writer's block. I was glad you both were able to help me. You and I became fast friends. We can trust each other with everything. We've talked about your our books. Your blog is amazing and informative. You have a lot of heart in it, and I like your guest bloggers. I felt honored that I could be one of those guest bloggers. Your first guest blogger was one of your sisters. I rechecked your entire blog to make sure I wrote this. Through working on guest posts for you I learned not only more about myself but also more about you. You really care for edits, critiquing, and being polite about it. You made me be fully honest about things I never truly wanted to face. You also made me realize I like to speak my dark truths if it can help others. For that, I definitely thank you. ^-^

Lithium Realm: My Bipolar Hell by Ashlynn Stone

JJ

We met through Katelyn's community on Facebook. You were in the middle of publishing Lotus. You and I shared works with each other even though I had nothing typed and nothing I deemed share-able. You encouraged me to share. You didn't even mind that I was sending you pictures of handwritten pages. You gave me amazing notes in your own handwriting which I thought were more personal. Your notes made me think, and I'll have to add to the story in it's next draft. You encouraged me to break out of my comfort zone and read you some of my work. I read two different scenes of my work in progress at the time. You let me be one of your beta readers for your book. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I was so happy to be a part of your launch party and I hope sales go well. We also talked about your upcoming book which I heard you want to get out by October 1st. I wish you the best of luck. I love that we're able to talk about our work so easily. 


BB

I know we don't talk much, but I still see you as an Accountabilibuddy. I liked meeting with you by Facebook meesenger. I felt great when you asked for some writing advice. I know not all of it worked, but I'm glad you're writing more. We got to talk about all our stories. Ash and you talked me through a tough block I couldn't understand. It turned out the block was a personal problem I was able to work through. I appreciated you letting me interview you for one of my short stories. I hope things are going well and can talk again soon. 

Tiffany

You've been such a good friend since we met. Even though we met a few weeks ago we've talked about so much. You have great plans for being a literary agent and more. I know you're a determined and hard-working woman when you want something. We talk about overused characters and stereotypes. We talk about our favorite characters and TV shows along with why we loved them. When I told you I needed a break from working so hard you occasionally checked on me to make sure I was resting which I really appreciated. Every time I write in our Accountabilibuddies group you comment with helpful advice. We've talked about your book that recently came out. After we friended each other on Facebook I was scrolling through my feed, and saw it came out. I asked you about it from there. :)

Karmic Lies by Tiffany Arnold

Garin

You are getting me back into caring about sports, something I haven't really thought about since my dad. We talked briefly about the All-Star game on my birthday. I love that you're going after writing that you're passionate about. I may not understand it all, but I'm glad you're happy about it. You also make sure I'm taking it easy. Which I appreciate. It's cool we can talk about everything like moving, job opportunities, and about our families. You are a good friend, and I hope I'm a good friend to you as well. You're helping me learn to speak my mind more as well.

Kim K.

We met while we were Creative Writing for Entertainment bachelors degree at Full Sail University. You're on your way to getting your Masters in the same degree and maybe even going for another degree. You amaze me. We used to be in  the same classes before I got held back in Physics. We still kept in touch though, and you invited me to a Facebook group you invited me to. We started talking more this year when we started writing more. We've talked about a lot, and recently we've become Accountabilibuddies as well as coworkers at StrideStar. I'm glad we can talk about anything. You've also told me some crazy news stories before I saw anything about them. Last night's meeting was great. We met last night, and it sounds like you're getting back into writing novels too. Can't wait to read what you write. ^-^ Update: You've written eleven episodes chapters, and I wanted to share it.

The Pirate Chronicles by Kimberly 

Michelle

We met a few times by phone after chatting a little on Facebook. Our first call was on the 4th of July (my favorite holiday). We had to make it earlier in the day which I didn't mind. You're always so polite and thoughtful. If you can't make it you tell me ahead of time, which I love. We couldn't meet for as long as I planned, but I learned a lot about you. You can write in some creative places I never even thought about. I mean we don't live in the same place, but maybe it's time to take my notebooks to a park or something. That's something I haven't done in years. On our second meeting we cut it short because I had an assignment I had to do for work. You told me I should go do that, and we could meet in a week or so. I played it off, but you gave me personal experience you recently saw. You gave me great advice that I'm happy you gave me. Thank you. A few minutes before our latest meeting you shared an article of yours. We talked about your writing, your website, and what you hope to accomplish. I loved your article. It gave me a different perspective I'm not used to. ^-^ Keep it up. 💖

Prisoner of Azkaban Revised Approach

Books Mentioned: 

  1. Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds
  2. How to be a Supervillain by Michael Fry 
  3. DuckTales by Rob Renzetti and the Walt Disney Company 
  4. Tiana's Best Surprise by Tessa Roehl 
  5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli 



If you have any memories we share feel free to comment. 💖💖😊

Comments

  1. I very much enjoyed reading your Treasured Memories Part Two. Thank you for including me in this project.

    I do believe your Dad loves how you are managing your life and how creative you are.

    When I first met your Mom, she had come down from Washington and your Grandpa brought her over to the Katherine Ct. house. I was so nervous about meeting her!!! And I needn’t have been, as she was loving and friendly from the get go. She TALKED AND TALKED about this guy at work (Keith), continuing to tell me she just was friends with him and that was all she wanted. Well, it was quite clear that that wasn’t correct. She may have thought it was true, but it was evident she couldn’t think of much else.

    Your Grandpa and I went up to visit Jane and Keith early in their marriage. They had rented an apartment with a huge picture window overlooking whatever part of Seattle they were in (you can see I’m not too familiar). Well, they both worked all day, so Al and I had the run of the apartment and the city. We walked and walked and walked, which I’ve always loved.

    My neighbor Winnie and I went up another time and took you and your Mom and Dad out to dinner. You were in a high chair. They lived in a regular house in a regular neighborhood by now. Your Grandpa made a trip up alone some time later and did some chores for your Mom.

    Don’t know if you recall, but your Grandpa and I visited in Colorado (two locations that I recall), Virginia, Iowa and I guess that was it. Your Mom was part of our travel program!!!

    Another memory is your Grandpa and I taking you and Jess to Happy Hollow Park in San Jose. They had mini rides and a park and all. We went there two or three times with you girls. We enjoyed it every bit as much as you girls did.

    And then the horseback ride where your Grandpa and I were leading the horses with you girls riding. Jess got caught under the chin by a string/rope and it pulled her right off that horse. The poor thing!!! I put her right back up on the horse, as I’d heard that was best. I fear she was traumatized and I swept it under the rug.

    I remember backyard birthday parties in Fremont with Paul’s parents.

    OK, just a few thoughts to share.

    [Part of another email between us ^-^ ] Regarding your Dad. I remember him as upbeat, a super music lover and an owner of lots of guitars, liked to write (I recall his getting an article published in a newspaper).

    Love you,

    Sally

    I asked my grandma if I could share this, and she said yes. I love when people share memories with me as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Another memory for you:

    I mentioned to Chris that I’d sent you a few memories of your Dad. He shared this: The first time he met Keith (I would guess Chris was 8 or 9), Keith was wearing a Scumby T-shirt. Gumby was standing up with his head turned, looking over his shoulder, so the viewer sees his back end, which is bare, crack and all. Gumby has a cigar hanging from his lips. Chris tells your Dad that he loves the shirt, and Keith tells him he got it at a flea market, and Chris isn’t likely to find another. I hope this gives you a giggle.

    Another memory Chris just shared: Al and I took Chris with us up to see your Mom and Dad. Your Dad had a chin-up bar somewhere in the house, which fascinated Chris evidently. Chris was occupied with it and the rest of us were having coffee and talking. About an hour into all this, Keith finds Chris and gives him a sponge and tells him to go wash the walls that he was walking up to get to the chin-up bar. Another giggle.

    Love,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for your kind words. Not just about me but everybody listed. It is amazing how close people can become over the internet yet friends that are five minutes away it's a different story. When you posted a few weeks ago about Accountabilibuddies I was onboard right away. I don't have a lot of support in my life with what I'm trying to accomplish and with what I have accomplished up until this point. Let me break that down a little. I have support from a decent amount of people online but I've either never met the people face to face or I've seen them less than five times. Yet, 99% of the people I see on a regular basis I feel could care less about what I've done and what I will do. You've helped me let go of that a little bit. It's still a work in progress and it may very well be something I never master, but I handle it a lot better than I used to. We meet weekly to discuss more than just writing. We talk about life, past, present, and future. And a lot of the time we talk daily so it’s almost like we talk every day and our phone session is the culmination of everything. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert

International Women's Month Collection: Shaneeza A.