My Possible Futures.

Last week, I was approached by one of my classmates about helping them. I thought it was really cool because I've never been approached about that. Debra came to me after seeing some of my posts in a Facebook group from one of our past classes. The group is called DNW Super Club, and people post relatable and inspirational posts. We started talking and Skyped last week and really hit it off. We really hit it off and been talking since. When she talked to me about it it made my day. ^-^ Debra and I are in the same class, so it's cool we can help each other. I'm glad we can help each other and share our experiences. Debra's the best at getting all that she can out of school and sharing it with others. I'm glad to have met her. :)
Today in therapy, I was talking a bit about what I learned about women in other countries and cultures. I brought up that women in other cultures have it a shit ton harder than American women. But no matter who you are someone always has it harder, and I'm not saying or trying to demean anyone's hardships. I know how crappy I felt when people acted like my hardships didn't matter. I'm saying if you're fighting for something that I would like people to do your research. If you're willing to do the work and do your research I'm rooting for you all the way, and from what I can tell not all American women do the research they need to do for the fight for women's rights whereas other people in other cultures seem to have all the facts when writing about something. Mainly what I'm talking about when I say this is the pay gap. I would like to know how everyone came to that conclusion before anyone rips my head off.
These are my thoughts about the possible jobs for me so far.

Possible Jobs:

  1. Journalist: My therapist said that I had a real passion for what I was talking about. I sometimes see opportunities for magazines from Freedom for Writers. It may be a competitive field, but I might really like it, I used to write articles when I was in high school and even though they weren't published the principal of the school saw them. He didn't like the articles but he was proud of my initiative. 
  2. Teacher: I'm not entirely sure about this one because I don't know about how school curriculum would go with or against my teaching methods and principles. 
  3. Tutor: I have liked tutoring in the past and I am getting back into tutoring now. It's cool because I used to work with elementary school kids, and now I'm working with a college student. Tomorrow is my first real session because last time we got to know each other. 
  4. Substitute teacher: Richard brought this up. I'm not sure, but it could be very cool. 
I'm still finishing my creative writing program. I will still do my best to keep my eyes and ears open to job opportunities in the meantime. ^-^ Maybe being a novelist can always be a hobby. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!