A Spill Out

So I haven't written here in a while. It's time for what I call a spill out. Everything on my mind now prepare to be dumped out. Sooo... where to begin.
So I'm an author, and I realized that I don't write a lot about my creativity and my stories here. Maybe it's time to start doing that. So where I do start? So I'm working on a book called Head Hunters, and I've been throwing my whole life into this book. I've written 264 pages, and I have over 150 pages of notes for the book. When I talk to people about it they love the idea. They want to read more. Head Hunters is a story following the life of the music nymph Angel Shudo who attends Veldime Point, a boarding school for the supernatural. When her powers finally come in a threat looms over her. When a home-schooled student Cassandra Atwater sneaks on the campus to warn her everything is turned upside down for her and her friends. As it turns out poachers who refer to themselves as Head Hunters are after certain students as such as Angel and her new friend Cassandra for their powers. Now Angel and her friends must fight to survive and protect the rest of the students at Veldime Point.
Recently, I wrote character inspiration pages for sixteen of my twenty-seven characters. Obviously, some of the inspiration pages I'm proud of and some I'm not. In fact, I'm proud of thirteen of them, and the other three I'm not nearly as proud of. The reason for that is I didn't write much for one of the characters because they don't have such a big part, and as for the other two I'm not as proud of they are inspired by enemies of mine. There was one character that was inspired by an old friend of mine. You could even say he was like a brother to me. I looked up to him so much that I wanted to immortalize him in my writing, but that was before I knew who he truly was. Now instead of showing how great he is like naive me wanted to do I'm going to show the world his true colors. Most of my friends or at least my two best friends know that if you royally fuck me over, and there's a character inspired by you I can and will get you back by writing your character out or ruining your reputation through my imagination. It would have been mean and inappropriate if everyone knew who they were and knew exactly who I was talking about. Then without even knowing it I wrote a character inspired by the woman who disowned me. I think that it was healthy for me to write it out though because it helped me get my feelings. Because when those two were in my life I was never allowed to express myself, so since I'm able to express myself now I think it's better for my health. I haven't been getting sick as much lately now that I can express myself.  What I love about my other characters that I wrote inspiration pages for is it shows me that I can be inspired by many different people, characters, and things. Like people who inspired me for some characters include my father, my fiance Richard, my twin sister Christina, my mother-in-law Evette, and a few others. Some characters that inspire me include Zuko, Toph, and Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel from James Patterson's series Maximum Ride, and Richie Foley from Static Shock. What I love about knowing where my inspiration comes from is that it reminds me how much I have to be thankful of. Good fiction has kept me from insanity, and all the love I receive from my family keeps me safe.
So there are a few characters I'm very proud of in Head Hunters. There's Angel, Mitzi, Stryker, Ms. Clearwater, Cassandra, Keith, Taralyn, Hayden, Rian, Cassadee, Celeste, Cayden, Daniya, and Aria. Even though Rian, Cassadee, and Aria don't have the biggest parts I'm still very proud of them. The reason I'm proud of Rian and Cassadee are council members in Angel's hometown, and they are great parents to five boys. They parent Hayden (16), Chris (13), Jameson (13), Nate (10), Oliver (4). Rian happens to be a social worker who picks up cases when he thinks it's time to intervene. Cassadee is a physcologist who doesn't work for money in extreme cases- like when her husband takes a kid under his protection- she counsels the parents/guardians to see of they deserve or want to see their children again. In those cases she works for free. The reason I love Aria is because she's been such a good influence to Celeste. She helped Celeste cope with her fears and issues. Not to mention Aria brings a lot to the group when it comes to protecting the students of Veldime Point. The reason I love Ms. Clearwater, Keith, and Taralyn is because unlike the adults in a lot of fictions/young adult fictions these adults aren't completely and utterly useless. They know they need the kids to help protect the other students at Veldime Point. Also what I love about Keith is that he was inspired by my late father, and writing Keith up was my tribute to him. Taralyn was a little inspired by my mother-in-law and also a little inspired by the mother I want to be. Angel, Mitzi, Stryker, Cassandra, Hayden, Celeste, Cayden, and Daniya are the other members of the group that's fighting against the Head Hunters to keep students safe. Angel is like the type of person I want to be and slightly who I've become. Mitzi and Stryker were inspired by the two most important people in my life. Cassandra, Cayden, Daniya are the strongest siblings ever. They all have such unique powers. Hayden is this amazing hacker. Celeste is my all time favorite because I put so much time and effort into her. I wrote seven pages of notes on her alone.
So here it is a spill of information about my latest book. I have to say I'm very proud. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!