An Open Letter to my Parents

Dear all of my parents,

Parents to me teach their children what they need to know through traditional and non-traditional ways. Parents always mean to teach their children some stuff while accidentally teaching us other things.

This was inspired by the song "Keep Your Eyes Open" by NEEDTOBREATE.
Here's the video I got it from, but you should know that I love AMV (anime music videos). This is only so you know what song was on my mind when I wrote this. Keep Your Eyes Open

I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, and maybe we haven't talked in a while maybe even years. But this is a thank you. There is no pressure to speak to me from this post.

So as of right now I'm a student enrolled at Full Sail University going for my bachelors degree in Creative Writing for Entertainment. The degree I'm going for doesn't usually help novelists like me, but I've learned a lot that can help what I like to write. I've made friends and networks that can help me with writing. I can help them as well. I'm an aunt to a few people though one of my nieces I can talk to whenever because I live with her. She and I have a bond because she can't walk yet due to SMA (Spinal Muscle Atrophy), and she knows it's hard for me on some days because of my CP (Cerebral Palsy). I'm also a hard-worker when it comes to something I like like writing, taking notes, and getting a place of my own. I'm head-strong and stubborn. I'm sister to many and would do anything for them including just being there when they want or need to talk. I'm a daughter to my in-laws and help out my family when and how I can. I'm a fiance and I support and love all of my family and am there for them. I'm a rock when people need a rock, and I'm a listener when people need a listener.

To all my parents: Thank you. You taught me how to be a caring, intelligent, and supportive person. You guys all got me to keep my eyes open to possibilities and opportunities. Thank you for showing me how great it feels to put hard work into things I want and earning it. Thank you for always taking me on your travels so I can see all sides of people and the world.

To Dad and April: Thanks for always showing me I can do whatever I want with hard work. My Cerebral Palsy was not going to define me and neither was my depression. Thanks for reading my writing and telling me how to better my writing. I've used the advice you've been giving me since you gave it to me.

To April: Thank you for showing me how strong women can be. Thank you for showing me how to handle myself with dignity and grace. You taught me how to become the woman I want to be. Because of you I've learned that no matter where I end up I can handle myself, but that doesn't mean that I can't have a best friend to stand with me through life. I can be my fiance's rock just as much as he can be mine.

To Tim: You have a unique mind that I love hearing from. You always give me a different perspective. Ever since we met you have looked out for me and given me helpful advice in many different ways. Do you remember when we met after I first talked to my publishing company? We went out to lunch, and you were happy for me. You gave me advice to get and keep my name in the eye of the public. I'm still working on it. And school is helping me with it.

To Jane: We don't get along, and that may never change. But thanks for moving me and allowing me to meet people all over the country. Thank you for our relationship. It may not have worked, but it did teach me a lot. It did teach me how to be who I want to become.

To Mom and Dad (my in-laws): Thank you for letting me live with you while Richard and I look for our own place. Thanks for teaching me how to adult. When I don't know how to handle something I know I can come to you for advice on how to handle it.

I know I'm going to do my best to make you all proud. I'm going to what's best for me.

Without all the lessons I learned I wouldn't be as resilient to what life holds. I wouldn't have faith that my decisions are right for me. I have plans with my life, but I know things don't always go according to plans we make for ourselves.

Thank you all.

Love Always,
Kaylyn

Comments

  1. Beautiful for sure Kaylyn. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if this is a repeat, but I love it Kaylyn and thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may be a repeated idea, but it was a new blog post. That song has made me do some thinking and is currently one of my favorite songs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!