Lot Going On

I found an old story of mine that I was actually proud of. Post on my Facebook about me rereading the story (6/24/15): "Just read one of my old stories... It was pretty good. I could have finished it, or I could rewrite it using the same basic idea... I mean... I couldn't finish it from where it is now because three characters mentioned in the twelve pages aren't in my life anymore. I can't remember one person mentioned in it at all, and the other two (even though I have no regrets knowing them in the past) I don't know what I saw in them as friends. What I love about the story is it's a "What If?" story. What if I lived with my father my whole life? What if some of the people who see me as a sister (and vice versa) were really related to me? Stuff like that. I mean I love my life, but it was cool to think about. Plus I got to reminisce about my best room setup in my whole life. 
heart emoticon I loved it.
 — feeling unknown."
My best bedroom setup was at my father's, and I love I was able to remember it so well that I could write the setting down perfectly. I'll probably write another copy sometime within the year. 

I've also been thinking about April here and there lately because it turns out that I have a trait I learned from her. Post from my Facebook (6/25/15): "On this night in history, I learned something about myself. And I don't exactly hate it. Because as weird as it is to say I see this fact as a good thing. I always saw this trait as a good trait. I have a trait from my ... mother-figure April. When she would notice that she was being especially hard on me lately and that she hadn't been taking the time for us to have real conversations she would take a whole night to talk to me about everything be it gossip at school, which "boy" I liked (no matter how much we "disagreed" about who that was), how the teachers were, how my "mom" and I were doing (my "mom" and I would literally talk every day back then). April and I would talk until there was nothing left to say, and the sun was up... I found out that when I feel like I've done that to someone I also make time for them like that. And I... really like that about myself because those moments with April are some of my best memories.— feeling vulnerable and calm."
I love that I have a trait from her. She was a great mom-figure for my first seventeen years of life. She taught me so much about being a young woman and and a decent human being. I have more good memories of her than I do of my biological mother. She's been going through Chemo therapy because she has breast cancer. I don't think she and I should talk for our emotional help, but that doesn't mean I don't care. 
April's gofundme page is here. You can follow her story here and donate for her and her family. 

Yesterday I got my first "bad review" of Head Hunters. A friend liked the basic story but thought I executed it poorly. She didn't think I wrote enough descriptions for the setting and characters. I'm glad that when I got this review I didn't start doubting my ability as an author. But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. I mean her and I are still friends, and I respect that Head Hunters isn't her style. But I do have my own style of writing. I wrote the setting for Drag Me to Hell much better because I just had moved from my hometown. I haven't been to a familiar place since then, and I haven't lived anywhere too long to get to know the setting. Add that to my lack of caring because I want to be back in my hometown. And I write great character descriptions. When I describe my characters people can see them in their mind. You can kind of tell what's going on in my life when I wrote a book if you read into some details. I just needed to get this fully off my chest. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!