Blast from the Past





Today is the day that I think I'm ready to listen to my family's one summer band Trebbag. I have barely been able to listen to it since Dad passed away. Dad plays guitar in every song. April sings most of the songs. Dad and I wrote a song together. Jessicah and Dad wrote a song together. I found both CDs, and now I'm ready to put them on Richard's and my Zune. And one song Dad wrote when he was a kid is also on one of the CDs. 
A little background that I do remember. Dad had the idea for this band one summer. I think all of us kids were a little resistant to it at first, but we liked it eventually. Dad's song that he wrote when he was a kid is named 'Who Will Cry'. On your way up the stairs in the last house we all lived in together the lyrics were framed hanging on the wall by the bottom of the stairs. Dad and I wrote a song called 'Let Me Be Me'. I was so nervous both writing and singing it. Jessicah and Dad also wrote a song called 'Rock N' You' I believe. Oh and April has a wonderful rockin' singing voice. I sometimes feel like I can hear her voice on the radio. ^-^
One thing I remember in better detail is Dad coming to me so we could write the song. I was sitting at the kitchen table, and I was so worried that I'd have to write it alone. Haha. He calmed me down, and we wrote the song together based on thew line 'Let Me Be Me' because both Dad and I were annoyed with how some people treated me like I couldn't do anything just because I have CP (cerebral palsy). 

Where are they now: 
(Well, I wouldn't want to ruin their privacy, but I can give you a link April's GoFundMe page. She updates when she can.) 
April's link: here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!