The Time Machines

So throughout my twenty-four years of of life I never thought I had a lot of experiences. That kind of changed when I talk to Richard about some of my memories. It's then that I realized that I've done a lot and experienced a lot.
I've always had a love for music, but every time I get a new music device I kind of let the others fall to the back burner. I still have every music device since I got my first mp3. Recently I revived my ipod and my very first mp3. I'm listening to my first mp3 while I write this.
Music has been a huge part of my life for as far back as I can remember. It's helped me keep sane when I was in unsavory mindset or situation. As I got older I was usually seen with head phones in my ears or a pair of head phones wrapped loosely around my neck.

As with everyone certain songs and certain artists remind me of certain people or an event. With my mp3 I'm mostly reminded of living in Washington and hanging out with a family friend in her room. I also remember looking up to my older brother and wanting him to think I was cool enough to hang out with. I remember why some songs are on it and who I got the songs from.
Then there's my red Zune which was my first Zune. It has songs from the family band Trebbag my family made on one summer vacation. All of our voices had to be on it, and each kid had to write one song at least. My dad helped me write the song 'Let Me Be Me' when I had serious writer's blog. Mostly my red Zune has a lot of rock music my dad thought I would like. He was right. And a lot of the music on there is repeated on other devices.
My ipod is the last one with real memories on it. I got it when I moved back in to Jane's in 2010. It's mostly linked to some crappy memories. There were a lot of fights with one of my old best friends and Jane. A lot of fuzzy memories. Some memories of a month or two where I didn't take care of myself enough. Songs linked to those memories are pretty bittersweet. I mean the songs remind of hard times, but I survived it all.

Memories linked to songs or artists:

  1. I like Mindless Self Indulgence (MSI) and Good Charlotte because of Jason. 
  2. Jason once let me borrow all of his Linkin Park CDs. I listened to them while Jimi was playing Simpsons Hit and Run on the Xbox. 
  3. Dad is the biggest influence of the music I like, but I do like a lot of bands and songs he made fun of. 
  4. I remember when the family went on camping trips I would listen to music while writing by the fire pit. April would tell me to leave one ear open for everyone, and when I wanted to listen to music through both ears Dad advised me how to bring it up to April. 
  5. I remember that when it comes to Ke$ha I think of late night conversations with Twin. There was a lot of giggling and incoherent conversations. I remember that Brad had to buy me the Ke$ha albums because my ID went missing or something. He teased me about it and was embarrassed about it because a cute girl was at the checkout when he had to buy them. (I thought she was cute too.) 
  6. I remember how Brad and I went to buy CDs a lot because it was his favorite store. (Can't remember the name of the store right now. 
  7. I remember listening to music videos while watching E when I was fourteen and recording a song on my cell phone and asking Tim what it was when he got home. It was a small clip I found in a video, and I recognized it but couldn't name it. Tim told me it was 'Crazy Train' by Ozzy Osbourne and my dad would be disappointed I didn't know that. (He was right. XD ). 
  8. I remember how my dad advised me to put whole albums on my music devices because "...you'll never know if you'll end up liking more songs on the album."
  9. I remember helping Brandi clean her house and practically going deaf because I walked past the stereo the moment the loudest part of 'How Much Longer' by (Amazon says Original Soundtrack) on the Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie soundtrack. 
  10. I remember my ipod had more music my friend Mariah liked than music I liked for months. 
  11. I remember that when I got grounded as a kid that music was the first thing taken away from me. 
  12. I remember listening to "Master of Puppets" by Metallica when I realized that some adults can be manipulative and hurtful just to get back at other adults sometimes.   
  13. I remember listening to 'Backmask' by Mindless Self Indulgence on a plane as a teen, a man told me to change the song because it was a bad message to be listening to. (I like their music, so does it matter about their message?) I politely changed the song to 'Death Said' by Summer Obsession. Not a better message, but it sounds cheerier. *shrugs*
  14. I remember that for one I absolutely loved Summer Obsession because there was a rumor that one of their songs would be used in a Maximum Ride movie. (I know it doesn't exist, but can you blame me for being hopeful?)
I have a lot more memories, but those are the ones I don't mind sharing and can currently remember. It's my attachment to music that helped me create Pandora's powers and music nymphs. I'm really happy I created them because now when Eric brings up super powers I already know which one fits me and that I would like. I love how my six devices could help me time travel through memories like they do. 

That's it for now. ^-^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!