Been a Month (Since Graduation)

It's been about a month since I've been out of school. I've had phone meetings with a mentor, marketing people, a life coach, and my career counselor from Full Sail. I'm now in three writing groups. I've worked on and finished one of my personal projects. It's Treasured Memories, the post under this. It was the first project I wanted to make available to everyone mentioned. I shared it on both my personal and professional pages, LinkedIn, my website, and CareerSync, a website that Full Sail University provides their graduates that works a bit like LinkedIn, but our counselors can help from there. After meetings with a writing mentor and the life coach I've realized that I'm in a good place writing-wise. I'm confident and have written almost every day since school let out.
The writing groups I'm in help a lot with different things. Passionate Writers Community is for serious writers who get stuck or have questions for each other. We share advice there as well. The leader, Katelyn is a great help. When you want to speak with her to know if you would like her sources she shares with you if you hire her as a mentor she gets to know you in a forty-five minute phone call, and the next time you speak with her she remembers everything and will bring up things you previously talked about. I thought it was really cool. I may have even found an editing job through Passionate Writers. I created Writer's Block years ago, but I revived it recently due to a friend I met in Passionate Writers. There we share our work and advice we've found helpful. Recently, more people have wanted to join. I think it's going well. My new friend, Jennifer, created The Midnight Thinkers. Mostly we both share advice and articles in that group.
I've talked to my therapist and career counselor about my working future. One of my friends from Full Sail may let me read her work. She said when she's done she'd love to see what I think about it. I've been reviewing books here and there on Hidden Gems Romance. I have an account on Upwork. I haven't got any jobs yet because I haven't been actively looking just yet. I'm enjoying having some free time. Thanks to my career counselor's advice I created an Amazon author page.
I've also been working heavily on Under the Lake, a book I've tried to write for ten years. I think I've finally found the best version of it. I don't have a working summary yet though. I'm on chapter six of the latest version. I switch between two character's points of view. I've created my own personal activity book with crosswords, top fives, ect. When I was hit by a bout of depression yesterday doing activities in the book helped a lot. That was one of the reasons I created it. I've also bought business cards for myself.
Here are the links:
Kaylyn's Upwork Page
Kaylyn's Amazon Author Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!