Writing Catch-Up Info. Dump

 Hello all! I hope you're all doing well. There has been so much going on in my neck of the woods, writing-wise. 


First up, it's my turn to type my level for our script at StrideStar. I was all sorts of nervous. I wasn't sure if it was because I was out of practice writing scripts, I wasn't properly prepared, or I wasn't used to so many "eyes" on me as I worked. I talked to my new therapist about it who suggested I printed the outline for my level, so I didn't have to slow down so much. I also noticed that if I set up a project to type in script writing format with the same properties like: going from past tense to present tense and going from one medium to another maybe the practice would really help. I even made sure to ask trusted writer friends to help by hanging with me as I type and looking at my script occasionally hoping I stuck to the rules. If I ever got stuck on something, I could always ask for help. 


Great news about the Global Writing Community! Lots of good news! The magazine is back! I wrote two pieces. I wrote another Ink Well File after a long time, but that's because I have a new story to talk about. Them I dusted off an excerpt of a decade old story as well. I also convinced my brother, Marshall to submit his story to the magazine as well. All links will be provided in the appropriate order. As the owner of the magazine was putting the June issue together, he asked if I would do their interview show with a co-host of my own choosing called Talk-It-Over for the July issue. Initially I was nervous, but not only do I not want to let him down, but I can't pass up an opportunity like this. The first Talk-It-Over is between the owner of the magazine, Anthony Rout and author, Erudessa Gentian. I highly recommend you check it out, and I will also link that below. 

The co-host I chose makes everything easier because she is extremely easy to talk to and always makes a point to help push me out of my comfort zone. On the podcast, the two writers go back and forth answering fifteen to twenty questions: five all guests must answer, five one guest thinks to ask the other and vice versa and they are allowed to answer their own questions after their co-host answers, and then the community is allowed to ask questions, but we have to cut off the questions after five. If the community asks over five I'll answer the extra questions here. I'll also be entering a poetry battle in the July issue as well seeing as the theme is festivals. Festivals scream nostalgic summers to me, so I can't wait. 


My brother, Marshall's been staying with me for almost two weeks. While he's been staying with me, I've got to read excerpts of four of my WIPs (Works In Progresses). After I read him a piece or pieces he'd give me feedback. One of of the WIPs I read was the one I'm cowriting with my other brother, Adam, so as soon as I could I sent him the feedback from Marshall. 


With the feedback from Marshall and old interviews I found while looking for a certain review from Mom (in-law) it looks like my website will be getting two new pages late tonight. 


GWC June 2021 Issue

Ink Well File- Kaylyn Gabbert

The Pros and Cons of Being an Advocate (Story) (Orange in color coded meaning passing violence in this specific story)

Horrific Truth by Marshall Chico (Orange in color coded meaning passing violence in this specific story)

Talk-It-Over 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!