Interview with Author Lord A. Morman

During New York's ComicCon I got to meet and buy the first five comics of 4-15 from Lord A. Morman. It's a gory horror series, so if you're not up for that, I don't suggest it. In fact, Lord A. Morman made sure that even though I said I was cool with that, that I at least flipped through the comic before making my purchase. I feel really lucky to have interviewed him. 

Lord A. Morman

Kaylyn Gabbert:  I'm glad I bought the 5-in-1 hardcover of 4-15: The Series from you because I was having a very hard time putting it down. How'd you come up with the idea?

Lord A. Morman: I am happy to hear that you like the series so far. The story was actually my senior project for college. It actually started out as a superhero story. After we finished filming the short film, I could not stop writing. It went from a very dark superhero story to a Sci-Fi Horror web series. In changing genres, I was able to not only go as dark as needed for the main story as well as some of the backstories. 

KG: I don't hear many others talking about their senior projects, and how they still have a passion for something in that field. Did you always know you wanted to write comics? 

LAM: I have always been a fan of comics. Aliens vs Predators was one of my first graphic novels. With that being said I did not think I would be in this position today. Of course, when I was a kid the jobs or careers that you heard from others were Doctor, Lawyer, and Athlete. I thought I was going against the grain by going to school for Visual Effects and Motion Graphics. With that being said I love this new path that I am on. 


KG:  Do you have a favorite character that you can divulge without spoilers?  

LAM: I have a personal connection to all of my characters whether it be their abilities or certain aspects of their personalities. If I were to choose a favorite, it would have to be Jason. His intelligence and reasoning for the things he must do to protect what is dear to him.    

KG: Do you have a favorite character ability without spoilers? 

LAM: I would have to say Mary’s/5-20’s ability to induce hallucinations in others. Without any spoilers in later issues, we will see the uses of her abilities. 

 

KG: Do you have the whole story planned out?
LAM: Oh yes, as a web series, I have 3 seasons written with 10 episodes per season. The series was planned to end with the third season or 30th issue. 


KG: Is there a plan to make all of 4-15 physical comics?  

LAM: I plan on continuing to make all of my series physical comics. I am planning on going digital as well. We are going to be releasing Issue 1 on Webtoons 11/13/2023.  

KG: Is there a link you'd like to share for the webcomic? 

LAM: The webtoon link will be coming soon. In the meantime, physical and digital issues can be purchased on our website ThatsWildeMan.com 


ThatsWildeMan.com 


https://www.webtoons.com/en/canvas/4-15/list?title_no=911324

Summary from Webtoons: Group 4 Subject 15

Is about a young lady named Joan who went through scientific experimentation at a young age. The series itself covers her life from a young age with her parents all the way through adulthood where she is not only coping with what happened to her but also dealing with certain…


Unfortunately Webtoons took down 4-15: The Series, but you can find it here: https://globalcomix.com/c/4-15


Lord A. Morman gave me the new link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!