The Love of my Life

So on Christmas Richard proposed to me with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. It's a silver ban with a ruby (my birthstone) in it and it's inscribed with my name and the day we got together. I guess he was planning it, but when it happened it seemed to be spur of the moment. I, of course, said yes. I've been madly in love with this man since the beginning. He's always showed me that I am important to him, and I've never once doubted that he loved me and that I was important to him. He is my life and soul. You may think I'm a little young to feel this way, but let me assure you I've had my heart ripped from my chest enough by so called family and friends that when I see real love I know it. Richard and I have been together for almost two years. It'll be years until we get married so we can get the funds, and so we can honor my father's wishes to not marry until I'm at least twenty-five. Richard and I have made it through a lot especially with spending a little over a year a country across from each other. The truth is that I've always felt I would spend the rest of my life with this man, and he has always saw himself spending the rest of his life with me. So I've (or we've- more thinking it's toward I've) been making plans for the wedding with my youngest sister, Ashlynn, who wants to be the wedding planner for a while now. I've decided I want to spill it all. Or what we have so far.
First the important part, whose who at the wedding. Twin will be my maid of honor hands down. Ashlynn will obviously be my wedding plan. One of my older brothers; either Cody or Brad will walk me down the aisle. And my amazing younger brother, Ethan, will honor me with the daddy/daughter dance. When I asked Ethan about it he was grinning from ear to ear with tears in his eyes. Makes me so happy that he's just as excited about that as I am.
So when Ashlynn started planning my wedding with me she was the first to ask what day we should get married on my father's anniversary or on his birthday. I chose his birthday because I always wanted to get married in the fall; after all, it's the most beautiful time of the year. So Richard and I will be getting married on August 10 (year unknown). We're also going to get married on the beach. There will be a chocolate fountain with a photo of my dad by it, so we at least know Dad's there in spirit. There will be red and pink roses; a pink rose in my hair. When Ashlynn and I discussed dresses we decided on a shorter than traditional skirt, so I wouldn't trip during the ceremony.
I can't wait to spend every- Well, I already spend every day with him. He's the most amazing man ever. I can't wait to start a family with him. We already plan on having two dogs and a cat. :)
Recently, I saw a woman propose with one of the sweetest proposals ever. So I was thinking if I proposed like that what would I say. Well, here it goes:
'Richard, you are the love of my life. Ever since we met you have made me so happy. You've saved me from myself, and I couldn't appreciate that enough. We've been through thick and thin together, and it's never affected us in a bad light. We've always grown and helped each other grow. If I could imagine the perfect husband he'd have all your personality traits; protective, intelligent, fun, caring, supportive. Ever since I saw your picture for the first time I knew you'd be important to me. I can't imagine my life without you. Would you please do me the honor of being my husband?'
That's what I would have said. I cannot wait to marry the man of my dreams. I cannot wait to be his wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!