Family is Family, Doesn't Have to be by Blood

So it's already pretty well known I didn't have the best biological family around. I was their black sheep, their scapegoat always. And recently I cut ties with all the bad ones leaving me with my biological sister, brother and one aunt on my dad's side. I don't mind. That's how life works. Plus, this means now I don't have them dragging me down. How could that be a bad thing? But just because I don't have a biological family doesn't mean I don't have a family. I have a pretty big family. It's like even though my dad passed away he made sure people were still looking out for his little girl. Plus, I also grew up around some great people. So let me explain.
When I was eight I met this girl Brandi and her family. I stayed at her house like almost all the time. To me Brandi and I were like sisters. She was, sometimes or most of the time, closer to me than my own sister. And her family practically adopted me. And where my mom failed to push me Brandi's mom, Ms. Kalea, pushed me and helped me be the best I could be. Maybe I didn't appreciate it enough when I was a kid, but I thank her for that now. I'm glad I'm making her proud these days.
In high school I met this group of friends who always looked out for me; Raiyna, Cody, Matt, and Mike. Too bad by the time I met them I wasn't open to help. Well, I wasn't open period. Some people may think I talk a lot, and maybe I do. But I rarely ever bring up anything that means anything. I was really good at feigning happiness back then. And for the most part they fell for my happy facade. All except Matt. Matt's one of those kinds who pays attention to everything around him. He can see through bullshit so easily.
Next group of people I met were after Dad passed; Twin (actual name Christina, not that I'll use that name again), Adam, Ashlynn, Sammy, and Brad. Twin, Ashlynn, Sammy, and Adam are all like me. They have a sparkling personalities. They're all always smiling despite their hardships. I know that Twin, Ashlynn, and Adam have had their hardships, but that has never made their smiles falter. And unless they opened up to you you wouldn't even know they had a tough moment in their lives. And in that respect they're like me. That's how most people always saw me. A whiny little girl who had never had to fight for her life. Sammy has this shining personality that makes everyone smile almost all the time. Brad is my brother (not by blood, but still totally my brother). He's the type that's too negative. I love him to death, but every little thing equals the end of the world. I wish he saw himself as I see him. He a good guy whose always truthful. But because he's too hard on himself sometimes that leads him to outbursts. It's sad because he is a good, honest, helpful, intelligent guy who only sees bad.
A year and a half after my dad passed I met my now fiance, Richard (I used to refer to him as Soul). When we got together I got to meet and get to know his family a few members at a time. I then came to live with them and I definitely feel like part of the family. When I first met Richard I was at my ultimate lowest point, and he helped me in every way he could. He really helped me. I'm close to his mother, two of his sisters, and two of his brothers. We get along pretty well. Once I moved here I also met some of his friends; Joey, Rubi, Ice, Maurice (they're together :) cute awesome couple), and Boomer. They are all protective of me and love me.
They are all so wonderful, and they all make me feel like I'm worth being around. I see them all as family, and I love that I feel so safe around them. But as with all families there's some I trust more than others. I love them all. They always encourage me to do my best, and they support me. It's amazing to have a big family all around the place. :) ^-^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert