Another Secret from Head Hunters Revealed

I discovered something as I started getting inspired to write more to Head Hunters. As I've been writing I've discovered that even though Angel's mom is not the best and sold her out frequently all the other mother characters like Taralyn, Clarissa, and Cassadee love Angel and are proud of her. Clarissa only has a son and Cassadee has five sons, but both women would have loved to have a daughter. Clarissa wasn't in the book much because of reasons you'll find out when you read it. Cassadee has been been one of Angel's neighbors for like ever. She watched Angel grow since she was a baby and fell in love with how amazing this young woman is. Taralyn has two daughters and a son, but that doesn't stop her from admiring Angel the way she admires her own children. Both Taralyn and Cassadee love helping Angel raise to her true potential. More importantly. they love and admire how Angel has always kept a cool mind and always thought of others. In a book like Head Hunters you have to be able to work as a team to survive.
I think the reason I wrote the women characters like that is because I made it a little like real life. My biological mother, Jane, never loved me and loved to throw me under the bus like Angel's mother, but that didn't drag me down because my friends mothers loved me, were proud of me, and helped raise me up. Like Ms. Kalea who I've known since I was eight years old. I don't have a single memory of her in a bad light. I remember how she helped me become a better person, how she treated me like her daughter regardless of my disability. I had the same chores as her daughter, Brandi. When there was a work function where all families from where Ms. Kalea worked she invited me, and she never once introduced me as Brandi's friend; she always said, "Hi, this is my husband and my daughters." Or that's how I remember it. And if I ever made a mistake Ms. Kalea talked to me about it and helped me fix it. Then there was Ms. Tanner, Mariah's mom... In all honesty, Ms. Tanner was not the best mother to her own daughter, but Ms. Tanner was nice to me, and I could have real conversations with her and I appreciated that. Then of course there is Mom. Richard's mom did not have to like me but she does. She's always been a mom I could talk to about the important issues, or my dreams, or anything really. Mom always tries to raise me raise me up to my highest potential. She lets me be my own person and encourages me to be the best I can be. No matter what, no matter if I make a mistake Mom will always be there for me. I'm so grateful to have Ms. Kalea and Mom in my life, and I love them so very much.
It's funny when I began writing Head Hunters I didn't even notice the mom thing. I mean I'm at the end of the book, writing the final chapters and it occurred to me that the mother characters love Angel so much like Cassadee and Taralyn do. OH MY GOSH! Not only did I write mother characters that loved Angel like mothers love me, but I ACTUALLY based characters off the mothers I mentioned. Cassadee's like Ms. Kalea. Clarissa's like Ms. Tanner, and Taralyn's like Mom... Talk about cool. I didn't even notice I was doing that. I guess my subconscious helped me do that. *breathes out* Wow. That is so cool. I can't believe I did that. *smiles ear to ear and blushes* I guess this proves it once and for all that writing helps me understand the world I'm in and how things works. Talk about wonderful. Well I'm off to write more Head Hunters. *smiles* Write more here later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!