Self-Discovery: The Characters I Create

So I've been doing a lot of creative writing assignments lately, and one of my assignments was; "Sum up your most important reason for writing in a single word. Every time you sit down to write, put this word at the top of your page." The word I chose was sanity because for as long as I can remember my writing has kept me from losing my mind. Now here I am working on yet another assignment while listening to music, and now I remember that my whole life my two solaces have always been writing and listening to music. Music helps me reach that creative part of my brain. It also helps me fight my demons. So this brings me to the very obvious conclusion that I am Angel Shudo from Head Hunters.  I mean I'm like the music nymph of our world. I write to embellish my talents; that's why I created both Pandora Snow and Angel Shudo because they are both able to protect themselves with music wave abilities. That's how I protect myself from my demons. I use music waves just like Pandora and Angel. It's kind of cool to be reminded why I create the characters I do. <- So this paragraph was just a facebook status of mine on both my fanpage and my personal page. I posted it here because I want to go more in depth on it. This isn't about all the characters I create. This is more just about my two most recent protagonists.
So Pandora Snow had two main powers; controlling music waves and reality warping. If I think about it I have both talents. I have controlled music wave to protect me since practically birth. Given most of protecting myself with music just means making music based shields, but they have been a serious life saver in more ways than one. In the cases where Pandora is part of it music shields have helped me keep my cool rather than going on a killing spree, music has helped me with bad thoughts and everything. As for reality warping... How's the best way to put this? When I think of reality warping I'm nowhere near Scarlet Witch talented, but I write stories all the time, and I think that that is a version of reality warping. I may be a little off on that, but that is my opinion. I think that because I always can choose what happens in the book, who wins or loses in the end of the book.
Then there's Angel Shudo whose a music nymph, so she has all types of music related powers. Her friends: Cassandra, Cayden, Daniya, Chris... they all have music based powers as well. As I've grown up in New York I've realized that all the ways that these music nymphs can fight I've had daydreams about fighting the exact same way. I have daydreams about fighting my inner demons the way the music nymphs fight their attackers. I've used Angel's attacks which right now are pretty basic. I've used Cassandra's powers and abilities before I knew which attacks she had. I've done the same with Cayden and Daniya's powers. I daydreamed that I had their powers before I knew what their powers were. When it came to Chris I feel like I don't know him well enough in the book to know his moves. I mean Chris is kind of behind when it comes to knowing things about music nymphs he's sort of behind, but that's not exactly his fault. When it comes to the Atwater kids I just knew which powers fit them perfectly.
If I were perfectly honest with myself I wish I could be friends with the cast from Head Hunters. I mean the team fighting against the Head Hunters are pretty cool people that I think I would get along with. I mean besides Angel, Mitzi, Fang, and Stryker I created the rest of the characters from scratch. So I wish I could meet these super cool people. :) Oh well, at least they live in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!