The Most Amazing Mom Ever

So in all honesty I've always wanted a mom. A real mom. One who loves and supports me. One who knows things about me. Definition of a real mom (according to me): a woman who takes time to talk to you, support and encourage you, a woman who knows who you are and what you like. The most important thing in my mind is that they show they care about you even when you piss them off. The closest thing I ever had to a real mom was April. She was my stepmom, and she knew me since I was one. She might not have been the best to me, but she was the best I had for a while. April would make time for me, know who I was and what I liked which is more than I can say for my biological mother. Even though April abused the beejesus out of me and threatened me on occasion she was still the best I had for a while. Ms. Kalea was an amazing mom in my life too. She taught me discipline, she cared about what I did, and what I liked as well. She was amazing. But my dream for a real mom wasn't answered until two years ago when I met Richard and his family. Richard's mom is like the absolute best. Her name is Evette, but most people call her Mom or Mamachico. She has seven of her own kids plus "strays" that she meets. We usually say that she has like nineteen kids, but it's probably way more than that. She is amazing, loving, caring. Mom has the patience of a saint for just about everyone, and she also has a heart of gold. Mom loves all her kids whether they're related to her by blood or not. What makes her a real mom is that she loves all of her children no matter how crazy they make her. She always makes time for everyone. She takes time to listen to everyone. You should see how wonderful she is.
I've been going to Mom with many questions about school recently. She's been helping me try to get in. Last night we got to talk about my books and my writing. We were also able to talk about Sherrilyn Kenyon, Mom's favorite author. And well she's my favorite author too. Sherrilyn finally beat out James Patterson because Sherrilyn does more tedious work for every- and I mean EVERY- one of her books. Mom told me that Sherrilyn was rejected so much that with her last stamp and borrowed paper she sent out her last manuscript, and well she obviously did really well considering she's a bestseller. James Patterson doesn't even remember important details about his own books. Mom knows like everything about Sherrilyn Kenyon, and she always tells me all about her which I greatly appreciate. Hearing about Sherrilyn I'm usually very inspired. She's an amazing author. Mom helped inspire a character in Head Hunters because she told me about Were-Hunters from Sherrilyn Kenyon. Some of Sherrilyn's work that inspires me is Dark-Hunters and Were-Hunters, but Mom also tells me about Dream-Hunters. ^-^
One thing that made me so happy was that Mom and I were able to talk about my writing last night. <3 That always makes me very happy. While we were talking about Sherrilyn Kenyon I told her about some of my writing. I got to tell her why I choose to write sci-fi. We got to talk about possible agents I may be able to get. I got to recently tell her about Head Hunters and what I was thinking for it. I told her some of my ideas for Escaping Hell. I even got to tell her about why I create music-based protagonists. Music always protected me from yelling, fighting, my depression, so that's why I love creating music-based characters. It was just an amazing night. I loved talking to Mom about everything. We even got to talk about Mass Effect, Richard's favorite game. Mom was really proud of how I could play Mass Effect, work on both my books, and take notes mostly because it shows how I can handle school. I'll be able to handle it all; school, my writing, and free times for video games and such. I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to have such a wonderful mom in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert