Over the past few weeks

Last month's class was Transmedia. I had no idea what it was before I started. Transmedia is a story told across a few to several mediums. Like how the Star Wars universe has movies, comics, and cartoons. I was put in a group where we were supposed to create a transmedia story from a public domain story. It was very stressful especially when our first group leader had medical problems that made him drop the class. Another student stepped up to be the leader, and I was second-in-command. Even though the class was hard our team did a great job. We got a B+. And I met a really cool person through it.
We created our Transmedia story surrounding the Robin Hood Story. If you would like to check it out you can here Operation: Reward Rob Now . I want to thank my friend who provided me with the link.

Now I'm in Introduction to TV Writing. The goal is to write a spec script for a show currently on TV. We were given seven options: Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Modern Family, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Elementary, The Walking Dead, and NCIS. There were rules like the show had to be top rated, not on the air for too long (like Simpsons and South Park). The goal was to know the show well and if given the opportunity share the spec scripts with the show's writers to possibly break into TV writing. This class is also hard, but what can I expect since I'm pretty much a senior in college now. My teacher is a fair and helpful man. I really appreciate his knowledge.

Recently, I was invited to another writing group by students and alumni from Full Sail University. This club is really cool because we try to Skype twice a week, and have a group page where we can talk to and help each other. I know and talk to two of the group members. In the group, we try to give each other writing prompts. The group leader did the first one which was a question about our ideal characters. I asked a question today about who people's real life and fictional heroes were.

On Friday, I went to Comic-Con yesterday with Richard. It was awesome. We were there for eight hours. We walked around the main part about four or five times. We got a lot of souvenirs and a few pictures with some cool cosplayers. I was able to get a Spirit Hood and a wig which I always wanted. Richard and I had been recently have been talking about how we should play a card game. Richard used to play Yu-Gi-Oh!, so we chose that one. We picked up like four decks at Comic-Con. I don't know how to play, but Richard's more than willing to teach me. What can I say, we're nerds and proud to be. XD Now our brothers are waiting for me to learn to play Yu-Gi-Oh! Haha. They may be waiting a while, but I'm going to try to learn to play today.

Now here are pictures from Comic-Con. I hope you enjoy.

My Facebook cover photo



I didn't see Starlord there. Gamora pointed him out and 
asked if I wanted a picture with him too. 


They told me their Digimon were better than anything sold at Comic-Con. 

My current Facebook profile picture

'
I was so happy that Rose Quartz took a picture with me. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!