Drag Me to Hell

My book that came out on Feb. 14, 2012 was Drag Me to Hell, and it's been selling pretty good for coming from a new author. 
Here's a little taste of it: "You can't live until you die," she whispered as she stabbed me in the chest. I stared at the wall behind her in utter horror as I started coughing up blood. She pulled the knife out of me as I fell to my knees. She smiled happily while she watched me try to save myself, as I grimly realized that I wasn't going to find any help. She bent over me and whispered, "I'll see you soon enough." so quietly I almost didn't hear her. She fled out my window as I heard one of my roommates walking toward my room. I blacked out as I heard my friend, Fang, open my bedroom door. 
And here are the top reviews for my book: 


5 stars Great book and shouldn't be mistaken for the movie of the same name.
By Richard Chico on December 21, 2013
Format: Hardcover
This is a great book, a nice fantasy with easily accessible characters and easy to see settings. when you read it you can feel the world around you as it is described. Like all new authors, there are some grammatical errors but they are minimal. This is just the first part of a trilogy in the works, when the others are finished the title will make sense. I recommend this work to anyone who is a fan of James Patterson's books, most specifically: Maximum Ride, as this work was largely inspired by.

5 stars It was pretty awesome.
By Angel Icarus on December 19, 2013
Format: Hardcover
The beginning really hooked me, and the characters were lifelike. They reacted accordingly to the situations they were placed into. They had varying personalities that played well off each other. There were some grammatical errors throughout the book, but I've seen grammatical errors in bestselling books as well. The book was very creative, in my opinion. But if you are looking for the novelization of the movie Drag Me to Hell you've got the wrong book. This book is one of the best books in young adult fiction because it's not like anything you've ever seen. It's unique. I'm glad to finally find a book with immortal characters that aren't vampires because vampires are completely played out. It did end with a cliffhanger that make me hope there will be a sequel coming out.

5 stars charming...just charming
By EVETTE CHICO on December 21, 2013
Format: Hardcover
I find this book to be charming. I love the way the characters and situations are so detailed . The author gives you a sense of being in the story. Every scene is so detailed and helps to keep the flow oft the story going. I find the concept of the immortals to be enchanting, it's nice to see something new as opposed to the usual vampires and werewolves. I look forward to reading the next chapter in this trilogy. The cliffhanger left me screaming for more. I hope this author continues writing, she seems to have a knack for bring things to life that not too many young authors have at the beginning of their career.

I write this because I felt like my dad was telling me I should, and I can't argue with my dad. If you have any questions about the book or my writing process please feel free to comment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert