Digital Literacy Vision

I'm now at the end of my Digital Literacy class, and I want to share one of my assignments on my blog. In my first week I had to decide if I was a Digital Native (someone who can adapt to the digital world well) or a Digital Immigrant (someone who can't adapt to the digital world as well, like they have problems with the terminology or something), and create a new term for what I am. I had seen myself as what I called a Digital Sovereign (a hybrid of the two). I had said that because I like to keep a balance between the digital world and the physical world. I love using technology to learn, but I also love reading paper books. I love typing my stories, but if the power's out I don't mind going back to pen and paper.
Today's assignment is to do a reflection from the first week's assignment until now. I've learned a lot since class started. I've learned about the Ten Cs that help you see if a site is reliable or unreliable, and I've also learned about the Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship along with helpful web 2.0 sites that help me collect information and make amazing presentations for school or personal projects.
I would have to say I'm still a Digital Sovereign because even though I love the new technologies I've learned about I still like being balanced between the digital world and the physical world. After learning about the nine elements of digital citizenship I was glad to know I was raised the right way because what my parents taught me as a kid seems to take shape in the digital world as well. I absolutely love the ten Cs because I can use it not only for my school work, but I can also use it for my professional life as well when I'm doing research for my book. I love being in school because I guess I'm kind of a nerd. I always love learning new things and using the new information I've learned accordingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!