It's Been Awhile

I've been in school for almost two full weeks now, and I've been doing a great job. I've got ten A+s so far, and I've only got ten assignments graded so far. I'd have to say I've been doing a great job. I'm learning so much such as time management, but also I've learned new techniques about doing research online. New tools. New techniques. I learned about the ten Cs that help you find the differences between reliable and unreliable. My most recent assignment I did for school was researching a company I highly respect. So Microsoft. I needed to make a presentation saying why I chose the company, find four articles about the company (two from a school resource and two from one of my usual search engines). After finding the articles I had to evaluate and tell if I thought they were credible. I picked Microsoft because it's got the best products, they help disabled people communicate and navigate, and my father used to work there. I may lose like between one and six points for not finding all the photos from the proper source, but I did my best. Plus, learning these new research techniques will help me with becoming a better author as well.
While I've been in school I've discovered that I'm getting much better at multitasking. I can successfully take a break from school to spend time with Marshall or Annaise. And thanks to the early Christmas gift I got from Richard. Richard got me a Surface for Christmas, and he gave it to me early because he knows how much I wanted it and that I could work on my books while I'm out at appointments and such. I have such a wonderful man in my life. <3 And in return I got Richard a Shield (a tablet with a controller attached to it that he can play any number of games on from any number of consoles, the ultimate game control).
A few days ago I was hanging out with Annaise, and this was like the first day or second day I had my Surface. She wanted to see my Surface, so since she's only two I thought she'd enjoy looking at the photos on it. I showed her four different folders of photos; 4th of July (from some odd years ago), Dadpics (doesn't matter as long as I have pictures of him) Last Days in Colorado (again from years ago since I've lived in two different states since then), and Visit to Washington (from years ago). I just looked them all up, and all those folders are from 2011. I thought so, but I thought it was best to check my sources since I'm learning that in school. Anyway, so as I showed Annaise pictures from the first folder, 4th of July, she thought Jane was my sister. XD What a cute kid. I laughed lightly and said yes, that's who she was. She loved seeing pictures of Jess and E. She immediately knew they were my siblings. As I moved on and showed her pictures of Dad and my family she knew my dad immediately and called April my mom. I laughed lightly again and agreed to what she had said. She knew all my siblings and pointed them out. I giggled when she called a mini statue of liberty and three random women my other mommies. Annaise is so fun to play with. The reason I agreed with her about Jane and April is because it's easier than telling her the very confusing truth; after all, she is only two and most therapists get confused by my family tree. In the Last Days in Colorado she immediately knew Brad was another brother of mine. E and Jess were also in that folder as well. She was so happy to see all these photos. The last folder I showed her was Visit to Washington (which has over 300 photos in it). She was in love with all the kitty pictures. When Cody and Mike showed up in the photos I didn't know what to say since neither of them are my friends anymore. I ended up calling them crazy people. All the other people I called my friends even though I'm only still friends with two of them (Matt and Monica). I told Annaise that Matt is my best friend and her eyes lit up. She seemed extremely happy that I have a best friend (she has many best friends, I am one of them). It was so cool to spend that quality time with my favorite niece. ^-^ All in all, I showed Annaise about over 500 photos and she still wanted to see more. What a crazy, lovable child. <3 ^-^
So lately I've been missing my brothers; Ethan, Brad, and Adam. It's so hard to talk to them or get ahold of them. I miss them because I recently looked at photos of them I'm sure. I was able to talk to E recently and he's so grown up, thirteen years old, and definitely sounds like it. He certainly has the attitude if a teenager, but that's definitely not a bad thing. I can't really talk to Brad because he's been mad busy. Adam and I got to talk today, and he's very proud of me with school and the woman I've grown to be. He's always the type who knows just what to say, and today was no exception, he told me my dad would be very proud of me. Adam... I'm very happy that I've got to know Adam for about four years. He's grown into a great man. I'm very proud of him. Speaking of which he invited me to his wedding. I can't wait to go. It's in the summer, and this will be the first wedding I may be able to attend since I won't be going alone. Knowing that I'll be going to a new state with Richard already makes me feel ten times better than going to any state on my own where I only know one person or a select few. Anyway, I hope Richard and I can save up enough to go to the wedding.
Sorry it took me so long for the update. With all my school work and everything it literally took me three days to just write this entry. XD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!