A Little School, A Little Work

I'm now done with my first class. I did pretty good in Digital Literacy. The class I started yesterday is Psychology of Play. It's definitely an interesting class. I'm almost done with my first weeks' worth of work, and it's only Tuesday. We get Thursday through Sunday off for Thanksgiving break which I greatly appreciate and plan to enjoy. Midnight, just as Monday was beginning I learned I had fifteen assignments to do in a week. Within the first two and a half hours into Monday I completed ten of the fifteen assignments and got my first A+ on a test. After a good night's sleep I worked on three more assignments, one of them being a test. I completed said assignments and got a B on the test. I've learned so much already. I've learned about the activity resource list (all the resources they shared that we can use on projects) and when it's appropriate to use those resources. I also learned when the best times to talk to my instructor are and when's the best time to get in touch with her, along with troubleshooting in this course if something were to go wrong. There's also a Writing Center and a literary journal that I could submit my work into if I'd like. (I should check those out more when I get the time.) There's a "Playbook" that will help us with upcoming assignments. In one of my assignments I learned about the different play personalities (and which play personalities I have) along with the qualities of play (terms that relate to what draws you to games you play). In the assignment after that I signed up for "live" classes where the instructors go over assignments and such. After taking notes and reading a lot of different articles I had to write what games I liked to play as a child and what drew me to them along with what games I like now and what draws me to them. As I've been in this class I've learned my play personalities are Explorer (someone who seeks out new experiences and enjoys visiting places, searching for deeper emotional connections, or researching a subject of interest), Artist/Creator (someone who finds joy in making and fixing things as well as shares their experiences with the world or prefers to keep it to themselves), and Storyteller (someone's whose imagination is of great importance and loves creating new worlds through various forms of expression). All of those completely nailed who I am.
Anyway, I've also been hard at work on my books. I've started a sequel to Head Hunters. I've already got thirty pages of notes for it. Three of the characters have already wrote parts for the book. Does anyone remember Daniya, Taralyn, Chris, and Cayden? Well, Chris was more of a small part character, but all three of those characters have written for the book. I have written two pages of extensive notes for the Head Hunters' sequel so far plus the collective writings of Daniya, Taralyn, and Chris which is *goes to consult the notes* ten pages. I've also added five pages of notes to Bailey Fletcher's character after reading an article in my favorite magazine, Writer's Digest. That means I now have twenty-six pages of her for the Hell trilogy so far. I love writing so much because I not only love creating new worlds, but I also love creating amazing life-like characters who people can fall in love with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!