The Past Year

I don't know if I'll post this early or on the actual day where it's been an entire year, but it will be a year on July 1, 2014. Last year on July 1 I moved to Brooklyn, NY with my boyfriend and his family leaving my horrible life and horrid biological family behind. I had left for my health, and guess what? Ever since I got to New York I've got much healthier in every way.
When I first got here I was horribly underweight. I was incredibly shy and prone to maybe like a panic attack or two a day if not more. I couldn't walk at all. All my muscles wouldn't work in the slightest. My PTSD and anxiety were out of control. I was always afraid the family would hate me and throw me out. This is probably because in every other house I lived in once they were done with me they threw me to the wolves.
So now it's about a year later, and I'm exercising everyday. My legs are getting stronger every day. I'm going to therapy often to help control my depression, anxiety, and PTSD. That doesn't mean they don't act up, but it does mean at least I'm finally in a safe place/ I'm finally in a place where I can safely deal with my PTSD without my therapist getting worried about it. I have a wonderful family surrounding me and taking care of me along with supporting me in all I want to do. I can go to Mom and Dad whenever I want and talk to them about anything. They are amazing parents. The first set of parents I have had that I know love me with their full hearts. And this is also the first mom I've gotten along with and who loves and supports me. Mom's the first mother whose ever been proud of me and all I have done. I actually make them so happy sometimes that they cry. I have excellent parents now. I wish they could have met my father though. They would have loved him. Although if Dad met my dad when sports were on things would definitely get interesting. I have amazing brother; Eric and Marshall. They're always there for me when I need them. My sisters; Aileen, Cathy and Binky are pretty cool. I love talking to them when I can. And my nieces; Angelina and Annaise are the sweetest kids I've ever met in my entire life. Living with this family is so amazing. They make me feel safe, wanted, and loved. As it turns out since I moved here I gained sixty pounds, and my doctor was happy that I finally am a healthy weight.
Not only that but I've opened up more, and I can finally trust people more. Back when I first moved here I was afraid to show my true emotions and speak my mind. If I thought something I posted would offend someone I wouldn't post it. While living here I found out that I'm just as human as anyone else so I'm allowed to speak my mind and show my true emotions just like anyone else. After all, I'm human just like everyone else. I deserve the same rights as them.
Recently Jane wanted to enter my life again and I told Richard, Mom, and because he overheard Marshall as well. I talked to them about it, Mom and Richard that is. They told me I should try so I don't get shit-talked for ignoring her. I told Mom that I was afraid that would mean that I'd have to censor myself on Facebook again and I wouldn't be able to share my blog posts anymore even though I just became comfortable with it. Mom suggested I send a message to her telling her that if she has any problems with my posts to message me privately. So I did that. Then I told two of my sisters, Sammy and Twin. They were very concerned considering how much pain Jane caused me. They both told me it's my choice, but they begged me to be careful. I had later asked Richard how long I should wait for Jane to answer, and he said said giver her two days. So I've been waiting... And earlier I had found out she had seen it a minute after I had sent it, so of course I was a little hurt. But she finally did reply, and now we're Facebook friends. I'm just happy that I have a family that cares so much for me. They are always there to protect me. What I find funny about Marshall overhearing is that when I told Mom that I always thought Jane would come back to me when I was a successful and rich author Marshall's like I thought that too. XD It kind of made me laugh in all honestly.
Ever since I moved in with the Chicos I have heard stories about when one of their own is in trouble everyone will protect them to the fullest. I always thought that was so cool. After all I had always wanted a family like that that would protect me to the fullest like in their stories... But who am I kidding? I am a Chico, and all Chicos protect their own no matter what.
So what else is there to say? Oh... I don't know... How about I love you Mom and Dad. I love our family with my full heat, and I'm so happy and grateful that you guys took me in when I needed a family more than anything. I have no idea how I'll ever pay you guys back for all you've done for me since you met me.

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you. Staying positive is the key and ur doing well for ur self. I shall stop by some time soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!