Something About Strong Female Characters...

I've been waiting for a new Maximum Ride book to come out, Maximum Ride Forever, that will come out May 18th of this year. So in the mean time I bought the Vanished book series by Meg Cabot. I'm currently on book two, Code Name Cassandra. It didn't take me long to realize that Max and Jessica Mastriani (from the Vanished series) are a lot alike which probably explains why I'm on book two of that series. With school, talking to a publisher, and everything I'm only on chapter eight of Code Name Cassandra. It's great so far. Maybe this is why I love writing strong female characters. Or it could be the added weight of Katara, Toph, Suki, Azula, Ty Lee, and Mai (from Avatar: The Last Airbender), Korra and Asami (from Legend of Korra- okay Jinora was okay too.), She-Hulk, Black Widow, Gamora (from various Marvel works). Not to mention Nudge and Angel from Maximum Ride too. The girls in Avatar and Korra are at the top of their game. She-Hulk, Black Widow, and Gamora have an amazing personal skills plus they are great fighters. Jessica and Max are way badass in the fighting world. Nudge and Angel show such phenomenal personal skills and such as well as their fighting abilities as well.
But don't get me wrong... I'm not hating on the amazing guys from fiction. There's Aang, Sokka, and Zuko (from Avatar), Bolin (from Korra and I guess Zaheer was pretty freaking awesome too), and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., The Avengers, and The Guardians of the Galaxy. And Fang, Iggy, and Gazzy from Maximum Ride. They are all pretty badass in their own right based on their bravery, intelligence, always being their best, and being at their best, always bringing their A-game. You'll notice that I didn't include Mako from Korra... There's a reason for that. All the men/women/children I mentioned are- they've proved themselves time and again to be their best always whereas Mako has never proven himself worthy. He was never top of his game or trying to better his techniques where his brother has.
I mention these characters because they have helped me with my characters or will in the near future and not to mention me.I mean my Head Hunters gang as just as cool as the characters I mentioned and so are Pandora and Bailey (from the Hell trilogy). Plus it's always super-fun to read books that catch my attention. And I love caring and learning about characters I can relate to.

Also today, when Richard and I were watching Star Wars Rebels I started thinking who would be on a rebel team with me. Obviously there is Richard and Twin. Also Ethan, Eric, and Joey would be a great asset to a team against tyranny. I only have five other people on my team because that's how the Flock (Maximum Ride) is and the Rebel (Star Wars Rebels) team is. Any time they add one more person their team seems to be screwed. Better learn from my heroes/heroines mistakes.

Sorry I didn't add Star Wars Rebels cast in my Strong Characters speech/rant. Just assume they were meant to be in there too. :) Good night, sweet dreams everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!