Going to BURST here!

So much happened within one day. Oh my God! So much information. I heard from my publishing consultant, had a therapy appointment, talked to a senior marketing consultant from AuthorHouse about Head Hunters, and I got annoying comments on a school assignment. I also made a GoFundMe page as well. 
Now... I was getting worried about Head Hunters publishing status because I hadn't heard from my AuthorHouse associate, Laura in a while. So since I felt there was a miscommunication I contacted my first consultant, Amber because she's so helpful and always calls in a timely matter. As it turned out Laura had been out of the office sick for a week. She had seen my email with the book modifications for Head Hunters. When she sent the book to the designers she sent me an email to let me know. While I'm talking about AuthorHouse I should mention a senior marketing consultant, Will called me to let me know about an amazing and rare opportunity to be mentioned in the New York Times, If I was mentioned in that magazine with Head Hunters I would as he puts it be instantly famous, I'd be a best-seller. That would be an amazing and everything, but I don't have the money they are looking for. They want me to be in the New York Times so bad they were willing to shoulder about $2000ish of the money, but I live on a limited income. So I made a GoFundMe page to see if I could raise the money. I'll share the link if you want to see it. AuthorHouse employees said I could easily be a best-seller and when they read my work they thought it was written by a professional. :o It almost gave me a heart attack to hear. I was so calm on the phone even though I was practically jumping up and down in my spot. 

GoFundMe link: Kaylyn's Dream Job

Here's a Facebook status I wrote while on the phone with Will.

"*heart feels like its going to explode* Head Hunters is best-selling material, and they (Authorhouse employees) thought Head Hunters was written by a professional. They wanted me to be featured in the New York Times.
...Too bad I have to turn them down. -feeling on top of the world" 

Comments to it: 

"That's awesome congrats sis" -Boomer, one of my brothers

"COOL!!" -Anita, an old family friend

"Kaylyn that is so great your dad would be so proud of you. Lots of love" -Cheryl, an old family friend as well


I also had an appointment with my therapist who I haven't seen in two weeks for reasons I feel I should not name. Her day was booked though, so because I was patient and understood what was going on I let my 12:30 appointment move to 2:00. While we were waiting Richard got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers including red roses, a sunflower and red and white unknowns. She was very nice and let us meet for an hour when most sessions are usually only a half an hour long. I showed her the letter I got from E and his school picture along with some other pictures of Nana, my dad, Jess and E, and I. We talked about April, Jane, and housing along with how school and publishing Head Hunters is going. It went well. 

Oh crap! I forgot to tell you guys I- Richard and I may be getting a place together. We had a meeting with housing Monday, and the second part of the interview with them this Monday. Sorry I forgot to tell you. 

So I'm in my fifth month of my program with Full Sail University. The class this month is Creative Skill Development. My teacher is like a real hardass. He's always diminishing my work. Like when I read today's comments he said that I have a problem with character development which I don't. *growls* His comments got me to write this status on Facebook, my personal page. 

"So I'm a writer by nature. I have one book published and am currently publishing another; one that publishers see as a potential best-seller. I have been writing for eleven years going on twelve. Currently, I am aiming for my bachelors degree in creative writing . And when I check account for notes on my papers in Creative Skill Development and my teacher says I suck at character development and character descriptions. Dude! I know I'm- Not trying to sound too cocky but I'm great at character development. Richard and Mom have never said I needed help with that. A lot of readers of my work say they can see what I write as a movie in their head. Why's my teacher not saying the right words when commenting on my work? Can't wait to start my next class." 

"He's a tough professor. Just keep trudging through it! Writing is an art!! Keep creating!" -Shelby, a fellow student

"Don't mind the professor they saying that to try and have u go harder than before and help u get better by saying that. But see what they dont understand that you can't expect the same results with the same treatment. Everybody is different and will respond things differently. Trust me I know my speech professor said I wasn't good enough to be in college and that I should go back to high school because college aint for me. And then I quoted from the US constitution and she said it looks like someone in high school wrote it" -Boomer

Is that all I have to say? *goes back and reads over my things* 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!