Memories

So I've been looking for my favorite childhood book lately. I've looked (with help) in six different spots. Still haven't found the book, but I have found some memories; some good, some bad. I found old letters from jerks in my past, letters and a lullaby from Richard back when I lived in Cali, some pictures from my dad, and some old doodles of mine. I wanted to share some of what I found with you guys.


This is a poem my stepmom, April wrote back in 2007/2008.


A painting my brother, Brad painted for my birthday. 


An assignment my brother, E wrote about me in 2012. 

The poem says; 

"Don't you know, that you glow, 
From head to toe, 
Like the brightest shining star?

Your smile lights the room,
Bringing sunshine to gloom,
Everywhere you go.

Your spirit is stronger
Than you give credit to,
Your common response
To any request
is "most definitely, can do"

You are an amazing girl,
Don't you know?
Our lives would be dark,
Like the most dreary day,
Without your endless glow.

You laugh and you smile,
When others would cry,
With nothing but class and style.

You make us proud
To say out loud,
"Did you know it's not a rumor,
That our daughter,
Like her fa'her (father),
Has an excellent sense of humor?"

So, this being said,
I'll go ahead,
And ask you for one favor,

Just open your eyes,
And please realize,
You're BEAUTIFUL. SMART, FUNNY, CHARMING, AMAZING, CLEVER, SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC, WELL SPOKEN, WELL WRITTEN, KIND, LOVING, HUGGABLE, LOVABLE, CUDDLY, FUN TO BE WITH, INCREDIBLE, EXTRAORDINARY, MARVELOUS, PHENOMENAL, MAGNIFICENT, EXCELLENT, TERRIFIC, AND COOL

And there are no others BRAVER."

Even though times have changed and people faded from my life, I still love this poem. I love it because it reminds me of times when April and I got along. More importantly even though she verbally abused me I believe this proves she thought good things about me. At least at one point. 

Also I submitted a story to Soup for the Soul books. The category I chose to write for is Make Your Own Luck. I wrote about  how I worked my butt off to become a published author and hope I'm making my dad proud. While writing that entry I couldn't help but smile because everything I wrote about my dad and my time together I could remember so clearly. :) 

Recently I've been putting together a photo album for myself. I have a lot of pictures of my family. Richard, our family, and my siblings from out of state. I have vacation photos of my time in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York. On a road trip back to Colorado Springs, CO I caught a picture of lightning. I also have pictures of characters I love and everything. Mostly the characters remind me of Richard and me and I wanted to add them. I got pictures of me from years ago and even three from when I was a baby. Last time I had photos printed by Shutterfly I thought of my dad and what pictures I wanted of him. I got great ones with him and his time in New York , him at work, and other various pictures. I also found some old pictures of Twin, Jessicah and her family, and my Aunt Rita and her late husband. I added them immediately. Some memories in the album were too good to pass up. I liked the memories. It wasn't until I was hanging out with my brother, Marshall that I realized there really is a story to virtually every photo, and I'm happy I get to share these memories with him and my family. Some pictures I found came from Dad's house. There are pictures of his visit to see Jess and me in Colorado in 2003. I was so tiny back then. It makes me laugh and smile to see how I grew up. ^-^ 

I'll write more later. See you guys. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!