Head Hunters: A Shocking Discovery

As everyone may already know I, Kaylyn Gabbert, in real life have Cerebral Palsy(CP) that affects the commands that my brain sends to the legs, and none of my main female protagonists have ever had this. Pandora started out with CP, but she didn't continue to have it for reasons that will be explained more in Escaping Hell. Well, I have created a character in Head Hunters that can't walk very well named Natsu. I had no idea why I created him for a while, but I think I kind of started to understand why I wrote him in. I think when I created Natsu I was thinking of what's going on with my niece, Annaise. My niece is two years old right now, and she's not walking yet. The whole family is trying to find out why that is now. But when I was writing Natsu who can walk but not very well I was thinking of her. I have so much faith that she will one day be able to walk. I've had many dreams about her being older and able to walk, so when I created Natsu I was thinking about how Annaise would be when she gets a little older. And the reason I had Natsu adopted by Keith Shudo is because my dad would help give him the strength and courage to learn to walk better, and Angel would be able to help him exercise like I help Annaise exercise when she wants me to. That being said I thought it would be a great idea that Natsu would be able to live with the Shudos. Plus, my father (the man who inspired Keith Shudo's character) has always helped and encouraged me to learn to walk to the best of my abilities, and without his support and encouragement I would never be able to walk to this day. I just never knew how much my writing is tied into my real life until today. There really is a reason for everything I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

International Women's Month Collection: Kaylyn Gabbert