All My OVAI Tests

I got all my tests in OVAI graded now. I already shared my answers and teacher's response. I got a B+ on my first test, A on my second test, A+ on my third, and a B+ on my last test. 

These are some questions from the second test that I want to share. 

3. Research an individual that you want to hire to work on your project. (ie. Producer, Director, DP, Artist, Inker, Penciller). They must be alive today. Explain who they are and why you want to work with them on this specific project in 5-7 sentences. - Researched citation needs to be listed below in the last question. 

My answer: "I have been working with a artist on this project, and I would like to continue working with him. His name is Richard Chico, and when he puts his mind to it he can be a fabulous artist. I told him I wanted him to do the cover to Head Hunters without any details of what I wanted the cover to look like. He made a perfect cover with his own creativity. He knows exactly how the words are going to be like what font and where on the cover. He chose to draw the main character doing her first and most powerful attack while having tears flow down her face. That is a perfect cover for what the book is about. He has also been able to work in a timely manner for me." 

Teacher response: "Glad you have someone that you are working with but realize that a person with a name will bring you some advantages."


From test three: 

3. Explain the target market for your project in 3-5 sentences.

My response: "This is a hard one for me because I don't believe that's it's fair to be so close-minded to potential audience members. I guess the target audience I would be going for is in the age range of about late teens/early twentiesboth genders will like it based on their interests. It'd be best if they were interested in sci-fi, Supernatural, and such. You also want a certain education level to read this book because this book talks about poachers and endangered species and why poachers do what they do up to a point. If you value family such as your parents, siblings, and your children, and you'd do anything to protect those you love you would love this book."

Teacher's response: "You're not being close minded, anyone is welcome to read, this is just the group you will concentrate on. Harry Potter for example concentrated on grade school to middle school children. Their parents read along with them and the market grew."

4. 
Why does your project need to be made and who benefits from it?

My response: "I think this project needs to be made because I want to share my ideas and share a world that's not all sunshine and rainbows. This is how I grew up: not so supernaturally, but I was persecuted for being different. But even if life's tough you can make it through anything with determination like I did."

Teacher's response: "This answer gives very little in the way of specifics or enticement for a business person to risk their money to make your project. Portray yourself and the story in a more positive light (more of the last sentence) and it becomes a story of perseverance through bad things, rather than a story about bad things and someone who happens to make it through."

8. How will you determine the successfulness of the campaign? What will happen next? 

My response: "I think a successful campaign is when you know on different formats that people are already planning your product. It's also amazing to see how many people care about your personal posts rather than just some re-shared photos and such. I think getting the royalties from the books will show themselves."

9. List 1 company you would like to ask for sponsoring/ product placement within your project and explain why.

My response: "If I would want anything to sponsor Head Hunters I would choose ABC. It's a local channel with several good shows such as Castle, How to Get Away with Murder, and the ever popular Modern Family along with a talk show The View and four different news programs. With diversity like that I may gain several more fans, and Castle, one of their shows, has famous, best-selling authors on the show, have a bad ass woman who can save herself, and much more. I would be lucky to have a channel that shows such a wide variety of shows to show my product." 

From the fourth test. 

5. Describe the wardrobe you will wear?

My response: "I will be wearing blue jeans with an All Time Low belt with a hot pink shirt with winged-hearts on it and chain designs on it and cut up sleeves. I will also be wearing two silver bracelets I inherited from my father. I picked these clothes because this is what Angel, my protagonist, would be wearing if she was not wearing her school uniform."

Teacher's response: "Remember, costuming can be a very good part to a pitch but if the costuming is standard clothes then it can look unprofessional."

8. Explain how your project changed over the month and why.

My response: "My project didn't change over the month because this is an idea I actually finished months ago and plan to publish the idea. The only thing that really changed is that I had to consider making this novel a graphic novel instead."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!