My Test is Breaking Me

So I'm guessing you read my last blog entry... Well, I'm taking my test for the right now. All those demographics for the target audience I actually have to use. A little unfair but oh well. The first and second question weren't hard in the slightest which is probably why both questions are worth 0 points each. I chose to talk about my book Head Hunters in every test in this class so here's question three. 

Explain the target market for your project in 3-5 sentences. 

In all honesty I was stumped and a little frustrated. Here's the list of the demographics and psychographics I had to choose from: 


  • age
  • location 
  • gender
  • income level
  • education level 
  • marital or family status
  • occupation 
  • ethnic background  
  • personality
  • attitudes 
  • values
  • interests/hobbies
  • lifestyles 
  • behaviors 
So after some thinking here was my response: 

"This is a hard one for me because I don't believe that's it's fair to be so close-minded to potential audience members. I guess the target audience I would be going for is in the age range of about late teens/early twentiesboth genders will like it based on their​ interests. It'd be best if they were interested in sci-fi, Supernatural, and such. You also want a certain education level to read this book because this book talks about poachers and endangered species and why poachers do what they do up to a point. If you value family such as your parents, siblings, and your children, and you'd do anything to protect those you love you would love this book." 

I'm proud of this answer and have no regrets on it. Although admittedly, I needed Richard's help to think of the last two. He picked education level and values, and I knew exactly where to go from there. :) 

Then I needed Richard's help to answer question four: 

What does your project need to be made and who benefits from it? 

After some thought here's what I got: 

"I think this project needs to be made because I want to share my ideas and share a world that's not all sunshine and rainbows. This is how I grew up: not so supernaturally, but I was persecuted for being different. But even if life's tough you can make it through anything with determination like I did." 

I never even thought of Head Hunters that way before. Thank you Richard. 

On question seven they ask how would I use social media to market my work. My response: 

"My Social Media Campaign would interact with the audience, blog entries, and leak information. I write a lot of blog entries about my work and I get positive feedback by showing how my brain works when I write. When you leak information fan get a little taste of your work and usually want more. I try to interact with the audience but since right now I am friends or family with my audience they just talk to me rather than commenting on posts, but I have seen when you are interactive with your audience it gets you a lot more fans." 

This is what I've learned through my experiences anyway. 

I'm going to leave it at that because I need to concentrate on the last three questions. Hope everyone has a great day. ^-^ If I finish this test I'll only have one more assignment for the rest of the week. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!