Head Hunters Pitch for OVAI

I'm a little nervous about my video pitch for Head Hunters. I have to do a video pitch for my fourth week in OVAI. My teacher gave all the students a few extra days to work on this project. I'll probably put the video on YouTube or something. If I'm proud enough of the project I'll share the link on my Facebook account and on here. Please don't mind me I'll be posting answers from my pre-production test for help on my video... Lalalalala... I'm doing this for Head Hunters.

3. Type of camera I'm using: Surface Pro webcam
4. Location of video and why: Stairwell in the apartment building because it's quiet and has better lighting than my room
5. What I will wear during the video: I will either being wearing blue jeans with an All Time Low belt with a hot pink shirt with winged-hearts on it and chain designs on it and cut up sleeves. I will also be wearing two silver bracelets I inherited from my father. I picked these clothes because this is what Angel, my protagonist, would be wearing if she was not wearing her school uniform. 
7. Inspiration, describe two characters, conflict, and summary in 3 arc form: (I have changed a little about the character descriptions, conflict, and summary. The three arc summary form is introduce characters, protagonist/antagonist, then what is the climax, how does the story build, and finally, how is it resolved and what do we learn?): My idea was inspired by a book series called Maximum Ride, the X-Men franchise, and the commercials and ads against poaching animals. When it comes down to it I've always wanted to create a world like the worlds in Maximum Ride and X-Men where people are persecuted or chased down because they are a tiny bit different than humans; just a little more powerful. Also I wanted to bring up what would happen if the animals poachers chase and kill for pelts or horns or whatever had a voice to tell people to back off.
Angel Shudo is the young woman the story follows who is a little slower than the rest of the students at her school since her powers started out dormant. Angel's powers were dormant at the beginning because she was afraid to use her powers since she hurt people when she was a little kid with her powers. When her powers kicked in she was one of the first of the children who thought it was unfair that the kids have to hide from the poachers because she understands that there is no real hiding from monsters like those. Angel is very friendly, loyal, and courageous and that's what makes her a great protagonist.
Cassandra Atwater would have to be the herald. Before the story starts Cassandra was home-schooled, but once the story starts Cassandra seeks to warn Angel of the dangers of being on the endangered species list of the supernatural world. Cassandra met up with Angel because her mom was friends with Angel's dad, and Cassandra's mom told her daughter to check on Angel. I think people will be surprised to see her as the herald since when you meet her she's so quiet, shy, and cautious.
The conflict in Head Hunters is the supernatural beings trying to protect themselves from the poachers. All the parents want for their kids and family is to grow up without getting killed for superficial reasons, and all the students at Veldime Point want is to grow up like all human kids do. There is some conflict within the school between students because they are all handling the Head Hunters news differently. There's a very little conflict between the students and their parents when the kids want to stand up for themselves against this evil; the kids want to prove themselves to the adults as well prove their strengths to themselves.
The book follows Angel, Cassandra, and their friends they make along the way. The protagonist is Angel and the antagonists are the poachers, Head Hunters. As the Head Hunters get bolder and come closer to good neighborhoods and the school with all these supernatural beings the story starts picking up the pace. Different students are reacting differently to the news of the Head Hunters like where Angel and Cassandra want to get the Head Hunters to back off another student just wants to find the easy way out and someone to blame for the whole situation. The students left at Veldime Point decide to fight back against the Head Hunters. They learn that no matter what you do danger is always around the corner. 
8. What changed with your project over the month and why: My project didn't change over the month because this is an idea I actually finished months ago and plan to publish the idea.
10. Criteria for your target audience: This is mostly for people of any gender between their late teens to their early to mid twenties. Anyone who loves science fiction will love this. Also it would help to have prior knowledge of poachers and what they are about. People with family values who would do anything to protect their family would relate well to this book. 

If I skipped some questions they weren't important enough to share. Things I need to add.

Why project is unique and why it needs to be made: What makes this story unique is that it comes from the point of view of the endangered species. 

Good morning Big Macher! My name is Kaylyn Gabbert. I am in the creative writing program at Full Sail University.
I have a great idea that you will surely love!
(Pitch Information) My project is titled Head Hunters. It is a ______ (type of project) that was inspired by Maximum Ride, the X-Men franchise, and the poachers ads.
My first character is Angel Shudo. She is very friendly, loyal, and courageous and that's what makes her a great protagonist.(description). Another important character is Cassandra Atwater. She is  so quiet, shy, and cautious.(description). The conflict in the story focuses on ________. The story begins __________
(describe act one). It builds up to the climax where __________ (describe act two). It concludes with
________ (describe act three). The characters are changed by ____________. I have been working on this
for quite some time. The changes I have made since the conception of this project includes ____________.
(Production Information) I have a great _________ (crew position) already signed on to do the project. She/
He is ________ (name) and is perfect for this project because__________.
(Publicity Information) Big Macher, This project will be marketed to ________.
Big Macher, I know you have lots of projects to choose from but you need to choose mine because
___________ (why it is unique). Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon”

I only posted that paragraph to help me practice for the video if you guys don't want to read it no problem. Anything crossed out isn't important. 

That's it for now. Please wish me luck on the video. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!