Update from the Author/Student

Where to begin? Where to begin? There's so much to say about everything. Hmmm... Let's begin with school. I'm in Overview of the Visual Arts (OVAI). I finished my second week of work just yesterday. I'm getting the hang of it now. The first week was about creative writing (my favorite). I learned about a lot. And one of the lessons was actually relevant to my work, who knew. But more on that later. The second week was about the film industry/independent media creator industry. My favorite thing about these last two week is that the tests have asked about my work with Head Hunters. It's so cool. The first test asked for a summary (my best summary for the book so far if I do say so myself), asked for a few sentences on two of my main characters (so I picked Angel Shudo: my protagonist; and Cassandra Atwater: the herald (person who starts the hero on their journey)), and it asked for a few sentences on what the conflict was. The second test asked what artist I would like for this project and why (and I picked Richard, who designed my cover for obvious reasons), what publisher I'd like to use and why (picked AuthorHouse since I worked with them before), and a couple other questions I can't quite remember at this moment. If I remember I might fix this post. :p Also, on the school note, I also had to pick out an outstanding person both in the creative writing field and the film industry/independent media creator industry. I picked Sherrilyn Kenyon for the creative writing subject because she goes over the top for her books, characters, and fans, and I simply admire her. In the film industry category I chose Wes Craven because he's way more than just a director; he's also a producer, actor, writer, and much much more. According to IMBd.com he's been credited on 229 projects and all, and on top of that he's one of the masters of horror. Definitely look up to him for obvious reasons.
Ooon to Head Hunters information. I am going to publish Head Hunters next month with AuthorHouse of course. I've been working on editing it from to time to time with school, games, and such in between. I've actually edited seven chapters so far. Just needed a little embellishing here and there. I've seen Richard's cover for the book, and it is absolutely perfect. On the Head Hunters front I'm also learning more about some of my favorites from both the Head Hunters cast and the Hell trilogy cast (Bailey Fletcher: Hell trilogy; Cassandra, Cayden, and Daniya Atwater and Celeste Baker) through very detailed (nine pages of details) character bio from a student at Full Sail. It's working well so far. I already filled out Bailey's bio for the most part. Also with everything going on I still had time to write two pages of the Head Hunters' sequel, Fight for Equality.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish up my cousin Penny's surprise and send it out to her. I'll let you guys know what it is once she receives it since I'm sure she'll read this, and I don't want to spoil the surprise. <3 Also on a personal note I've heard important news about someone who used to be big in my life. She has stage 2 breast cancer and she could use all the help she can get. I care for her and her family, but that doesn't mean I can let her back into my life. She is toxic to me, but she's also done a lot for me, so I do care. If you guys can help her I know she'd appreciate it.

http://www.gofundme.com/k6cuys

I told myself I wouldn't post this on Facebook, but since I still think about it frequently I guess I should share it. You'd be helping this family out a lot and I know they would appreciate it.


 I guess that's it for now. :) Talk more later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!