Women's Empowerment Month Collection: Elana A. Mugdan

 Elana A. Mugdan is a very accomplished author, and she cosplays as her characters at events and such. She's so intelligent, charming, and supportive. Though we met online originally, I was lucky enough to attend one of her book launches pre-pandemic. I even brought guests. 


Kaylyn Gabbert: When did you first start writing The Shadow Wars Saga? Also is it "The Shadow War Saga" or "Shadow War Saga"?

Elana A. Mugdan: It's "The Shadow War Saga", but there's a Mandela Effect where people think it's called "The Dragon War Saga". I don't mind either way. I started writing this at fourteen because I was having an identity crisis. Originally, it was about me and my friends in a Lord of the Rings-esque world plus dragons. It was fairly derivative since I was just a kid, but as I grew up and my world views changed so did the book. It's crazy that as the series you can track not only my growth as an author but as a person. 

KG: What inspired it?

EM: Originally, it wasn't inspired by very much of anything. It was inspired by me and based on me and my best friends finding a dragon. But then I kept writing. And then the story spanned years and continents. 

KG: For those of those who don't know, what is the Shadow Wars Saga about?

EM: Book one starts off very straightforward with Keriya Nameless, the only one without powers, to go on this quest by the dragon-god and guardian of the Smarlands, Smivnath, to find the last dragon. I often hear Keriya is immature, and I'm like, 'Yeah, she was an outcast who wasn't able to properly integrate with society.' Throughout the series, she has grown a lot; she's become more selfless, and learns to care more for others. 

KG: How many books are in the saga now? Will there be more?

EM: I'm finishing book five. It was always going to be a five-book series. I've already written a spinoff novel that takes place 500 years after the ending. The spinoff novel might be serialized, released on my Ko-fi account, and then on Wattpad.  

KG: I've noticed that you are a combination of outgoing and incredibly introverted. Have you ever noticed that?

EM: Yeah, I used to be an extrovert with introvert tendencies. It changed because of a lot of reasons such as my mental health. It was like this pre-pandemic, but the pandemic didn't help much. It's not a secret anymore, and I don't like that it's so stigmatized. 

KG: Do you mind if I ask what mental health issues you have?

EM: I have PTSD, depression, and anxiety.

KG: Ah. I have all of those as well. Anyway, keeping on that, how do you prepare for your events such as videos, book launches, and such?

EM: I have always been a performer, and I think that because I am, it’s mentally easier to be on stage in front of 10,000 than to have a 1-on-1 personal conversation.

KG: Oooh. So this must be hard for you. 

EM: Haha. No. We've been friends for a while and I know you well, so this is no problem. 




Find The Shadow Wars Saga here https://www.allentria.com/?fbclid=IwAR3JfSWjy63r8Qr19gOBgiosO0opWlKFXybFUSKb7tkB_8aGl4KvD5XpCqA 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!