Women's Empowerment Month Collection: Beth Boss

 Beth Boss is one of my coworkers at a game company, but she's multi-talented as well. She's never afraid to speak her mind, always there for her friends, and she's an animal. 


Kaylyn Gabbert: I know you have mentioned that your sister got you into writing. Can you tell me how she got you into it?

Beth Boss: To the best of my recollection, since I was five at the time and I'm pulling from the vault here. I basically wanted to be like my older sister, but by the time I reached twelve, thirteen I realized I wasn't writing to copy her. I was writing because I loved it. 

KG: Did she also get you into tutoring and sharing advice?

BB: I did tutoring on my own in college, but she did get me into sharing advice. She started a workshop with one of our local libraries, and she originally wanted me to audit it. I actually ended up becoming a co-instructor for the program though. We did a teen writing workshop which was the core of the program and we even started an adult writing workshop before Covid hit. 

KG: We work together at StrideStar Studios (a game company). Did you ever see yourself writing for video games prior to joining the company?

BB: Yes, I had been thinking about it. I was ten years old when I got my first hand-me-down Gameboy. By the time I was a young adult, I was already thinking about potentially working with a video game studio. I wanted to gain experience with smaller studios in hopes to get hired by a well known studio. I'm also working with John at Redeye Factory currently. 

KG: What are some of your hobbies?

BB: I love writing, reading, and all sorts of editing. I can't edit photos, but I love editing writing and editing videos. Though I don't get to ride horses often, I still consider it a hobby. I love playing with my pets. Does watching movies count as a hobby?

KG: As a movie buff myself, I'd definitely say so. 

BB: Good because I love watching movies. 

KG: What's your favorite movie genre?

BB: Comedy. 

KG: How many pets do you have?

BB: I have one cat and two dogs. 


To see some of Beth's work go here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZbEUkKgHJAtikZ7M3y-9g 


To see my favorite video by Beth so far: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-eogYGVHk 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!