International Women’s Spread Alex

Introducing Alex, one of the most courageous, loving, and most badass women I've had the pleasure of getting to know. She is indeed married to that Aubrey, from the interview two days ago. She's the first person married to one of my bond family that I see as part of my family.


Because Alex and I spoke of a sensitive topic, I've decided to stop commenting. She's been through enough without added negativity, and the blog is to showoff the badassery of the females I know and nothing more, nothing less. 💖


Kaylyn Gabbert: If I may ask when did you first realize, for yourself, that you were trans? 

Alex: This question is kind of difficult to answer because looking back now I have a definite time I can view as when I was trans but back then I did not know because I didn't have a word for what I was I just knew I was different but I was around the age of six

I was around first or second grade and it's when I first started getting bullied because I was different but looking back now I can definitely tell that that was the time that I realized I was trans even though I did not have a word for what I was because the religion I was a part of had us so sheltered that we had no education as far as a way to express what we were or how we felt It was the religions way or the highway if that makes sense.

KG: Do you want to talk about that religion in the interview?

Alex: I'm okay with it it's going to be a dark path just to let you know lol

KG: It's up to you. I don't want you to be uncomfortable. That's definitely not the goal of these interviews.

Alex: I do like talking about where I'm from in the religion I'm from because it brings to it to light and lets people know that things like this still happen in this day and age because people think that it's something that happens in the past no this stuff happens in our backyard It happens on a daily basis and no I'm not uncomfortable, yes, it's a part of my past. but I would rather be an advocate and speak up than to be scared into silence.

KG: Then go ahead and tell us a little bit about it as I have no questions on it. I'd just love to help to advocate for something like that being aired out rather than being hidden in its dark secrets.

Alex: Well well the religion is called the FLDS it stands for the Fundamentalist Church of Latter-Day Saints. It is a break-off from the Mormon church of Latter-Day Saints. Their core values are the exact same. One just believes in polygamy now the other one believes in polygmy after you die other than those exact same core values. In fact the early Mormon leaders are the exact same as the FLDS early Mormon leaders. The break off happened around the time of John Taylor and the FLDS settled down in Colorado City, Arizona and Warren Jeffs is the current leader, and he is the one that made them famous.

He is currently in prison for child brides, rape, and incest. He was the leader of this religion in this church who had a following of up to 15,000 people at one point. I was born and raised in that religion so it's all I ever knew I left in 2011.

I left because I felt like they were asking me to do things that I morally felt were wrong.

KG: I could definitely understand that. My dad, who was never religious, used to say that it really only came down to being a good person to one another.

Alex: That's exactly how I feel.

Well anyway the religion was asking some of the young men to do questionable things for the religion like trafficking and things like that and I made the comment that if you've got a sneak around then you're probably not the good guy and it pissed off one of the leaders and I then made a comment that if Warren jeffs and the other leaders didn't want to be called Nazis or referred to as Hitler's they should not act like it and they pretty much told me I needed to leave and that's pretty much how I left lol there's a lot more to it I was pretty much out the door when they called me and told me to get

And from what I understand they still have some of that going on because last year I read an article that there was a man in Flagstaff Arizona that got busted for trafficking a van full of underage girls in the back of a trailer pulled by a van trying to sneak them out of Arizona and to Texas for whatever reason who was a part of that FLDS church his name was Sam Bateman

It's a rabbit hole once you start going down it it's a deep rabbit hole and there's a lot of crazy stuff

KG: That's sick... But I do remember when I was in a Mormon bible belt, and one of the men a bit older than me (18) was giving me a ride and commented on [a younger woman’s] appearance. I called him on it immediately, and he took it back, but I hated being back in the belt

Alex: Yes one of my biggest problems with Mormons and Mormonism as I call it is there predatory behavior when in reality it's patriarchy but still it's very sickening it's one of the reasons why I left Utah and got out of the Mormon belt I'm still stuck in the Bible belt which hopefully I can get out of soon lol

KG: Haha that's what I call it too. And I wasn't in it as long as you. But I noticed the wrong shit immediately... [redacted]

Alex: But as far as Mormons making comments on women's appearances that happens a lot

Yes we look for it too when we see it we call it out immediately I don't put up with that crap anymore I'm a lot more verbal Aubrey calls me a verbal Pitbull I immediately go attack mode when people do crap like that

KG: I turn that shit into conversation pieces so quickly if the woman is close. Like, "Oh my god! You are so beautiful!" or "I absolutely love your jacket!" and I'm sure Aubrey's told you I have no damn filter, so they know I'm not lying.

Alex: Lol Yeah I'm the same way


KG: Who has been the most supportive in your life?

Alex: Aubrey hands down but if you were asking about my growing up days that's no one I pretty much had to fight tooth and nail which is why I'm not close to any family


KG: You said that one of your hobbies was video games. Can you please remind me what your favorite games are?

Alex: Anything from Blizzard really but world of Warcraft, Diablo and call of duty 

But I really enjoy assassin's Creed as well


KG: We’ve talked about metal being your favorite music genre, what are some of your favorite bands? 

Alex: Well arch enemy is one of my all time favorites because its a female lead harsh vocal but I also love lamb of god, and Slipknot

But I also enjoy some of the melodic death metal which include nightwish, brothers of metal, and beast in black

KG: What's your favorite Slipknot song?

What's your favorite Nightwish song? 

I found those bands in odd ways 😊

Alex: I can't choose with Slipknot because every single song of his has a very good memory to it I just can't choose with his songs because I just can't I love all his music he even has Christmas carols that he does that I watched when I was in Vegas I I can't choose with him but as far as night wish goes yours is an empty hope favorite song it's the only song that they have that has floor growling absolutely love that song


KG: You tend to strike me as a romantic. What's your favorite kind of date? 

Alex: Going out to dinner either to a steakhouse or sushi with a little bit of wine and then driving around listening to metal in fact that was exactly what Aubrey and I did on our first date

KG: Sounds so sweet. 🥰


KG: I know you don't celebrate the regular holidays and opt for the pagan ones. What first drew you into those? 

Alex: Aubrey did

I didn't know half of them existed until I met her

You're never too old to learn

KG: So true. I'm still learning them myself. 🥰

Alex: Yep she's open my eyes to a whole new world

KG: That's so sweet to hear. You sound perfect for each other 🥰

Alex: That's how I feel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!