International Women’s Spread Samantha Evans

Introducing the outgoing, multilingual, and very caring, Samantha. 😃


Kaylyn Gabbert: What do you write the most? 

Samantha Evans: I do a lot of poetry and essay writing. At the end of last year I published a book on Amazon about how I walked away from my abusive marriage. Now I’m working on my second book about my brother who passed away in 2019 of a brain aneurysm.

 

KG: What brought you to the Lucas Institute of High Nerdery? 

SE: I’ve been following him, Tom Lucas, since Full Sail since he was one of my professors there. One of my old classmates, William Brower, turned me onto it. 

KG: You are one of the most active members of Lucas Institute of High Nerdery. Care to tell us what you love sharing? 

SE: I love your posts, like your check-ins, the library videos, Flashback Fridays. I think it’s very encouraging and positive. I like positivity, laughing, and more. 


KG: What are your hobbies?

SE: Ugh. My hobbies… I am learning ASL, French, Korean, and Spanish… I love learning about cultures. I love reading of course, true crime fan, love spending time with my family. Is that a hobby? [I confirmed.] I especially love hanging out with my grandbaby. I love KPop. I like to travel. I love collecting pins and enamel pins. 

KG: How are you learning these languages?

SE: I originally learned ASL through church, and now I’m following through ASL through TikToks.

I was learning French through books because my brother was learning it. [We discussed apps to further learn French as I’m learning it too.]

I learn Korean through KPop, through teaching ESL, and Kdramas. 

I learn Spanish through my family because they’re from Puerto Rico, and I’m an intermediate learner. 



To check out Samantha’s book: Everlong: Living Past Survival

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!