International Women’s Spread Kat B.

Meet a kindred spirit to me, kind, supportive, and always willing to lend a helping hand, Kat. Kat and I met in the Brooklyn Women's Writing Group, and I really admire her goal to learn French and love her reason why. 😍

 Kaylyn Gabbert: What brought you to the Brooklyn Women’s Writing Group? 

Kat B.: I think there were too many things. One thing, a professor told me was, “You’re a writer. Never forget that.” I see this as an accountability group. My family’s got a whole hand in the writing thing. My daughter is a screenwriter, and my son-in-law writes sitcoms. I think writing is an extension of my obsession with human behavior. 


KG: You have always talked so highly of your work and even offered your services to us in BWWG. What got you into Career Coaching? 

KB: I was a CPA (Certified Public Accountant), and though it was my company, and it was profitable. I had no problem helping people get richer, but I didn’t feel like I was helping mankind. I went into training, performance consultants, and then back to career coachinging. I wanted to go into writing, and I wanted discipline and accountability while doing it. It reminds me of the Starfish Story where two men are walking down the beach, and one of them is throwing them the starfish. The other guy says, “What’s the point? It’s not like you’re making a difference. There are thousands of starfish.” The man picks up another starfish and throws it and smiles. “I made a difference for that one.” It’s a very satisfying job because I know if they got a job, a promotion, or did they get a really good score on their performance evaluations.


KG: Also what got you into wanting to speak French?

KB: That’s quite an interesting story. I thought I wanted to be bilingual and stave off dementia, but what it really is is that I grew up with my grandma in Southern Louisiana, and speaking French helps me reconnect with great memories from my childhood. I also think it’s another way of self-expressions. 

Quote that I love in my calendar: “To know another language is to have another soul.” -Charlemagne


KG: What are your favorite mediums to write in? 

KB: Without question I write a daily haiku. I could never journal, but I can always find out where my head’s at when I write those 17 syllables.  



Books by Kat B.: 


What Could You Possibly be Thinking?!


Get a Job in 90 Days


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!