International Women’s Spread Varuni S.

Introducing the nicest, most beautiful, such a supportive, and wonderful writer, Varuni. 😁


Kaylyn Gabbert: What brought you to the Brooklyn Women’s Writing Group? 

Varuni S.: I’ve been writing since I was twenty-one in India. For the past ten years, since I’ve been here I’ve consciously made sure that I’m writing or producing art on a daily basis. Brooklyn Women’s Writing Group helps inspire this by showing me women in a similar mindset as me. Community is very important to me especially since my formative and adult life was mostly in India. 

KG: What are your favorite mediums to write in? 

VS: So far I’ve been working on screenplays with other screenplay writers. I also write poetry. I wrote my memoir which took seven years, if you can believe it. The memoir is about to come out this year, and then I’ll be working on my second book, a fantasy. The fantasy is based on my real life, parts from my childhood and adolescent years. 

KG: What do you do for work? 

VS: I currently freelance for a guy in California as a writer. Before that I worked in the city for a magazine full-time. 

KG: What books do you love to read? 

VS: I usually like stories about people’s real life. I’m finishing up Matthew Perry’s memoir. Sometimes I also like books by Malcolm Gladwell. I usually love reading people’s hardships and how they got through it and not just celebrities but everyday people as well. And since I am an immigrant writer in America, I tend to read books from other immigrants. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!